No 21%  21%  [ 4 ]
half & half 37%  37%  [ 7 ]
I don't like answering polls 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 19

Eric_C
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Sep 2007, 6:50 pm

Don't you ever get the feeling that you are so alone in life, your the only one who understands you?

Don't you wish you had a girlfriend or boyfriend to confort you in times of trouble?

And don't you feel so mad at the world that you want to blame everyone you know in life?

I felt that way for quite awhile, my parents reminded me to keep positive. I'll try, but it's so hard too.

_Eric ;)

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2007, 6:59 pm

I can relate. I've planned terror attacks before, and kidnappings of children whom I would brainwash to be like me. :twisted:

I obviously didn't do it.

username88
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2007, 7:24 pm

Lol Ana

Anyway I can pretty much relate to all of that. I feel like I can relate to people on here but its not nearly the same as relating to people you know personally in real life. I cant wait till I can have some offline friends that would cure all my pain. Most of it anyway.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2007, 7:47 pm

I think we not alone in the world. At I feel that way but in truth we are not because we have friends, family, teachers, professors, and coworkers who care for us. Loneliness is a harsh reality to figure out but it will not always be there to stop you from achieving your dreams. Believe my words my fellow aspies, I'm a living example fighting against my loneliness to become in what I wanted to be in life.

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2007, 7:56 pm

It's not the world's fault I'm a fuck-up. That's my own doing.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2007, 8:21 pm

No, I don't, not anymore, but if you had asked me 25 years ago...

- Emerson

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2007, 8:41 pm

Well we live in a very ableist society, those who "care for us" often treat us like we're forever 5 yrs old. Society generally holds us to stereotypes. This mindset is further pushed through the media and such places. Even though asperger isn't really a disability, it's seen as a disability merely because we're different, and NTs are the majority, hence ultimately it's their world.
We're forever stigmatized as being "disabled", and subject to be treated either consciously or sub-consciously as a sub-human species. To this day, disabled people (and aspies since we're lumped in with them) are the only minority it has solidly been considered "ok" to stereotype, scorn, or humilate on a societal-wide basis going back many generations. Hell even during the civil rights coarse of other groups such as women or blacks, the rest of the oppressed minorities considered disability as a "legit" reason to deny someone their suffrage rights.
The attitude isn't that different than how white settlers thought of Native Americans or blacks, some slave owners were even nice to their slaves (sounds familiar?) but they were so stigmatized that they literally had no voice in the system, white slave owners thought of them as "pathetic" for acting out in their desire to be free. Yet, those same slave owners fought a war against the Brittish for THEIR OWN freedom (does this type of attitude also seem familiar?). Institutionalization and intimate starvation are to the disabled what slavery or stealing the land where to blacks or native americans. Yet, in the case of the disabled this still goes on. The intimate starvation, or involuntary celibacy, and further isolation and exclusion of disabled people, began many years ago with forced sterilizations. The oppressors had the mindset that the disabled were a burden on the rest of society, that we were demonic beings or something, although institutionalization has came forward alittle bit, it's still often a very abusive situation in many places around the world, many who are being wrongly confined and are no safety hazard at all. This is especially true of people with mental disorders.
In some modern nations, such as Sweden, Norway, Finland, and the Netherlands, theyr beginning to push a social model of disability over the stigmatizing medical model. And theyr working to make up for all the wrongs they've done to the disabled over so many generations. Much of this has came about with the sexual rights movement. This movement has reached the liberal agenda here in america, but the disabled have deliberately been excluded while the sexual rights of other minorities such as women, gays, etc are being fulfilled.

edal
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 3:29 pm

Don't you ever get the feeling that you are so alone in life, your the only one who understands you?
Sort of. As AS sufferers we sometimes have great difficulty in communicating our feelings, because of this the only person who understands what's going on in the space between your ears is you. Perhaps this is why psychiatrists have such a hard time with AS sufferers.

Don't you wish you had a girlfriend or boyfriend to confort you in times of trouble?
I do, and she's wonderful. As I have said before, anyone can find the right person but you need to be looking (not stuck in your apartment reading WP) and it will take time.

And don't you feel so mad at the world that you want to blame everyone you know in life?
I used to do this but not any longer. Eventually I realized that sometimes when things go wrong it really is my fault or (sometimes) random chance. The WP censor will probably get this but as Forrest Gump said "s**t happens".

Ed Almos

Mithrandir
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 7:12 pm

If the world is against someone, what is the reason?

Maybe where an individual lives determines what someone may define as, "The world is against me." If you think that, the short anwser is, the world is not against you. I don't think it is possible to have the entire population against one individual. There are many people who are very forgiving. However, it is possible to have a large majority in a particular area full of hate.
I am very thankfull that I have not felt a reason to have such an extreme amount of hatrid.

I am the only one who understands me. There is no one else who has walked in my shoes for 21 years. Unless of course you accept the multiverse hypothesis (infinite universes).

Sometimes, I mostly want a girlfriend for different reasons.

Blaming other people for the problems that I have created will not have good results.
I have not felt a need to be against the human race, and I still want to defend it.