Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Bearsac-Debra
Toucan
Toucan

05 Sep 2007, 6:42 am

Thanks for the advice in my other topic (Advice needed on software on Vista) but I thought it best to start another incase my reply in the last one is not seen.

I have installed Open Office. I have been able to use the WP application by opening an old file on my desktop orininally made in word2003. It opened it in OpenOffice, fine. However, When I go into my C drive and into programs folder where OpenOffice is, I cannot see where the separate applications are like the WP app (which I had just used) and other apps like speadsheets etc.

I have blanked and renamed an unwanted WP file on the desktop to use as a shortcut to opening the OpenOffice WordProcessor but I would like to be abl e to open it by clicking a shortcut that shows it is a WP application and the same for the other applications. I would like to be ablr to do this from either or both the start button path or from the desktop like with Micro-Shite - how would I do that?

Hadron
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 7:10 pm

Bearsac-Debra wrote:
Thanks for the advice in my other topic (Advice needed on software on Vista) but I thought it best to start another incase my reply in the last one is not seen.

I have installed Open Office. I have been able to use the WP application by opening an old file on my desktop orininally made in word2003. It opened it in OpenOffice, fine. However, When I go into my C drive and into programs folder where OpenOffice is, I cannot see where the separate applications are like the WP app (which I had just used) and other apps like speadsheets etc.

I have blanked and renamed an unwanted WP file on the desktop to use as a shortcut to opening the OpenOffice WordProcessor but I would like to be abl e to open it by clicking a shortcut that shows it is a WP application and the same for the other applications. I would like to be ablr to do this from either or both the start button path or from the desktop like with Micro-Shite - how would I do that?

Right click the link on all-programs (on the strt menu) for the Word Processor, and hit copy. Then paste it onto your desktop. You can then change the text by double clicking on it, and rename it to whatever suits you.