Page 3 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2007, 2:48 am

Ive currently got Guitar Hero 2 for 360 and absolutely love it, though I may not pick up Guitar Hero 3 ever, I'm definitely getting Rock Band(I believe I am for christmas, otherwise, whenever I can afford it) though.

I'm only slightly above average at GH, I'm decent enough to do every song in GH2 on Hard(Except for Six, it always kicked my ass) and about half of Expert. But I never got past Freya on Expert career, I was always stuck on that. I'll pass on GH3's crappy note charts that make certain songs harder than they should be just because, and really stupid battle mode and boss fights in career. And I still think The Devil Went Down to Georgia was just a moronic choice for GH as it should never be played on a guitar to begin with. Neversoft just doesn't come close to knowing what its doing like Harmonix.

Rack
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Mar 2008, 3:27 pm

I absolutely love Guitar Hero, at the moment I'm stuck on Play With Me Expert on Rock the 80s and Tier 7 expert on Guitar Hero III. Guitar Hero III definitely has some problem with note charts, but most of the songs have a difficulty they work on without throwing too many ill fitting notes. I can't wait for Rock Band to come out, I've been looking forward to it since I first played Guitar Hero 1, before it was even announced.

tmad40blue
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Mar 2008, 5:07 pm

Sorry to spoil the party, but I detest Guitar Hero, Rock Band, etc. I'm just not coordinated enough to play them. I can work wonders on a piano but Guitar Hero / Rock Band find me confused and depressed. The controls aren't intuitive at all.

DDR is better.

human_calculator
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Mar 2008, 5:17 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
deep-techno wrote:
Also, does anyone know what the whammy bar is used for (apart from battle mode)?

Yeah, your supposed to, while your holding longer notes in pretty much any mode, push it in and out with the palm of your hand - much like you would with a real electric guitar. It has a bonus-creating effect, not a huge amount but if you've got x4 or x8 it can definitely have a noticeable effect on your score.

No, the whammy bar doesn't increase your score, it fills up your star power meter.

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 8:18 pm

tmad40blue wrote:
Sorry to spoil the party, but I detest Guitar Hero, Rock Band, etc. I'm just not coordinated enough to play them. I can work wonders on a piano but Guitar Hero / Rock Band find me confused and depressed. The controls aren't intuitive at all.

DDR is better.

My biggest complaint with DDR has always been my dislike of the music they use in them. I might actually give DDR a shot if they released one that actually had music I like, but somehow I don't see that happening.

And trust me, if you gave Guitar Hero a shot, you could pick it up if you wanted to, it just takes some practice. I started off sucking hard on Medium and playing a little bit of Easy at first when I first got Guitar Hero II, and now play on Expert(Though I never did finish Expert on GH2, I never quite got that good). Same with Rock Band, the only song on Expert I can't do is Green Grass and High Tides. But even on Hard is still great fun. Assuming you like the music in them at all, which is the biggest point of a rhythm game in the first place.

Rack
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Mar 2008, 5:27 pm

Meh, I can barely stand up without falling over so even if DDR had good music I'd never be able to get anywhere with it. I couldn't even get past the tutorials. But I do alright on Guitar Hero, I could manage easy straight away and now I can more or less handle expert. Just down to what you can manage I guess.

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 6:31 pm

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit, but I actually am very good at DDR. 'Very good' meaning I can still beat the vast majority of the songs on Challenge level. -_-;;
Yeah. When find a videogame that I like, I tend to get really good at it just because I play it so often.

I was completely addicted to DDR until around the middle of last summer when I discovered Guitar Hero and got into that instead.
DDR's music had always bugged me to an extent, but not enough to stop me from playing. It's was just so dang addictive. XD
Guitar Hero has a variety of music as well as amazing and addictive gameplay, so I caught on pretty fast.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 10:31 pm

Beat 3 on PS2 on easy (yes i'm a noob) but i unlocked slash at least.

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 1:13 am

u goys should try frets on fire in pc..its all free :D ..and u can transport your own songs to it :)

..dead..what u know about dead?
feel free to talk:)

straples-> http://www.alinssite.info/

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 1:58 pm

tmad40blue wrote:

DDR is better.

I think PIU is better than DDR :)

Katanoki
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Mar 2008, 5:22 pm

Jaejoongfangirl wrote:
GAH! I'm still stuck on that Raining Blood song, or whatever it's called, by Slayer on the 7th tier of GH3 on hard...

=/ Wait until you try it on Expert...

1:18 in.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8gUrU73TDk[/youtube]

jamesohgoodie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 3:30 am

i have Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii right now. i've gotten quite good at it and i love the online play. that being said, i'm trying to get through Hard Mode right now and the game's just kicking my ass all over the place (don't even get me started on Expert). i barely made it through Raining Blood and One and right now Lou is just letting me have it all over the place. i get to a certain point in the song and the game just decides NO.

NEVER NORMAL - Saving the World Between Sketchbooks
nevernormal.net

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 10:36 pm

jamesohgoodie wrote:
i have Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii right now. i've gotten quite good at it and i love the online play. that being said, i'm trying to get through Hard Mode right now and the game's just kicking my ass all over the place (don't even get me started on Expert). i barely made it through Raining Blood and One and right now Lou is just letting me have it all over the place. i get to a certain point in the song and the game just decides NO.
Gah. Yes. D:
I (finally) beat Raining Blood a while back, but now that stupid satan is kicking my butt.
I can hit the notes alright, but I suck at battling.
):

@Katanoki: That looks insane. O_o

Odarp

21 Mar 2008, 11:51 pm

i have it and love it, but my fingers are very clumsy, so im stuck at medium, i like it that way, hard is just too... well hard for me.

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2008, 4:45 am

u get over glumsy fingers try song called children of bodom -trashed lost and strungout..and but it on hard..its so melodic and fast :D

..dead..what u know about dead?
feel free to talk:)

straples-> http://www.alinssite.info/

human_calculator

04 May 2008, 5:53 pm

There's a guitar hero forum where you can put your scores in and find star power paths, and get help on songs, things like that.Its called www.scorehero.com and its brilliant, very few fake scores or cheaters.