Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Brownilocks
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Sep 2007, 3:13 pm

Do aspies tend to cry easily? Is it a part of this disorder or is just that some people can cry easier anyways?

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 3:16 pm

I used to cry a lot... I hardly do any more since I started taking Celexa but that's a good thing... in my case it's because I'm not so sad and scared any more. My main problem is apathy but that's easier to cope with than sadness and fear... I just come on here or go shopping or window-shjopping or make a list of things I want to do in my life or whatever to get some stimulation!

Deefor4
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Sep 2007, 3:32 pm

I do, a lot - virtually anything sad or wistful can tip me over into snuffling and surreptitiously wiping my eyes!

Ana, what you said is very interesting - I found that when I was on Citalopram, I didn't cry nearly as much, but it felt as though the tops of my highs had been sliced off as well as the troughs of my low points - I didn't seem to feel very much about anything, which I didn't like very much.

Nafydalgol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Sep 2007, 3:34 pm

I haven't cried in many years. I didn't even cry when my grandparents died. I felt very sad obviously, but there just wasn't the urge to cry. I'm more the kind of person who keeps his feelings corked up.

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 3:37 pm

Brownilocks wrote:
Do aspies tend to cry easily? Is it a part of this disorder or is just that some people can cry easier anyways?

It fluctuates for me. atm I just don't want to cry, and thus I'm not crying. atm I just want to be strong, strong, strong...
Other times I just let go...

I don't know what's good for me and what's not lol... I feel good at some stuff but this is a crazy journey. :D And has baffled me throughout the year sometimes.

Asparval
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 3:45 pm

Beautiful patterns make me cry

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 3:46 pm

i have gone through phases where i could not stop crying for days..but it has been a while

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 3:47 pm

I think this is one of these things that varies from person to person.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Nafydalgol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Sep 2007, 3:51 pm

I think so too. I doubt it's in any way related to Asperger's.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 4:03 pm

My dad used to tell me if you cry on your birthday you would cry all year round.

I must have been 14 before I didn't cry on my birthday and I still cryed almost ever other day of the year:(
(schooldays that was).

Fireflyofserenity
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Sep 2007, 5:07 pm

I cried when I lost my closest friend...I have to be really sad and downtrodden to cry.

It varies from person to person, but to be honest, any adult who tells you that they have NEVER cried in their adult life is probably lying. Everybody cries at somepoint or another.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 5:19 pm

Brownilocks wrote:

it's often the reverse for aspergans-a lot of aspergans have difficulty with understanding how they feel,
and/or might not 'cry' at things NTs often do and as result-can be seen as emotionless which is wrong.
some aspergans have hyper rather than hypo emotions and might soak themselves with the stuff from crying,aspergers like any form of autism is an individual thing beyond the criteria so doesn't have to have one set experience.

byrlawson
Raven
Raven

07 Sep 2007, 5:35 pm

My memory of childhood tells me I cried much more than other boys of my age. Today I think being a bit more emotional than others too but I would not cry anymore. Usually I just more or less freeze instead.

englishwolf
Raven
Raven

07 Sep 2007, 5:43 pm

Deefor4 wrote:
I do, a lot - virtually anything sad or wistful can tip me over into snuffling and surreptitiously wiping my eyes!

Ana, what you said is very interesting - I found that when I was on Citalopram, I didn't cry nearly as much, but it felt as though the tops of my highs had been sliced off as well as the troughs of my low points - I didn't seem to feel very much about anything, which I didn't like very much.

I can concur with the crying changing when on antidepressants. I was on Escitalopram (cipralex) and i completely lost all highs aswell as some of my lows. I ended up as a zombie a lot of the time with the only fluctuation being severe lows and very long periods seriously contemplating suicide. Getting off those zombie pills was the best thing i ever did, even if it meant i had to deal with my emotions again.

byrlawson
Raven
Raven

07 Sep 2007, 5:47 pm

I had my parents being on antidepressants as far as I can think back and myself for two years. I would only consider taking medication again for very very serious reasons as I am sure normal life should feel different than that drugged condition.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 5:50 pm

My mom says I cry at least 2 or 3 times a month... That's 24 to 36 times a year.