Did anyone do anything particularly violent as a child?

Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 8:41 pm

I wasn't all that violent as a kid and wasn't raised in a violent household, but when I was in my teens I tended to take my rage out on household objects than on people. Like one time I had come home from school in a particularly bad mood and my brother and his friends are being obnoxious as usual, and suddenly I screamed I was going to kill myself. Their reaction was to scream with laughter and repeat what I said mockingly. I then trashed my own bedroom, flinging my stuffed animals everywhere, and hid in the closet until my mother finally came home. Another time one evening my brother naturally wouldn't stop being incredibly annoying and I actually threw a knife at him. It's a good thing I have the worst aim ever and it ended up cutting into the kitchen floor instead.

One time at junior high I wrote a note saying I hated my brother and wanted to kill him. I got rid of the note before anyone else could read it. If I had done that now, I probably would have been suspended from school. Which would have made me glad. :evil:

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 9:00 pm

As a child? I never did anything remotely violent. I was an avowed pacifist.

When I was a teenager, around 17 I think, I attacked my mother once when we were having a fight. I thought of it as payback for the years she stood by and did nothing while my father abused me.

*edit* Well, I almost forgot. One time in kindergarten I saw a boy throwing gravel at some kids on the merry go round. For whatever reason I decided to copy him and do the same thing (even after I saw him get in trouble for it). I guess that was violent, but I didn't have any intention of hurting anyone. I didn't really understand what I was doing. I have no idea why I did that.

Logston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Mar 2015, 9:07 pm

Probably. The only thing I can think of currently is when I was about eight and tackled/clawed at my best friend at the time because she made me mad. I think any other incidents were likely directed at family members during meltdowns.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 9:23 pm

Yes, I was occasionally violent when I needed to be. This does not pardon my behavior, but it was done to retaliate against severe bullying that was happening with my classmates. I can't tell you what I did (I don't want a copycat doing these things because of me), except it involved a special weapon or two that I made myself. At the time, my special interests involved learning about extracting natural poisons (and other deadly things). No one died or anything like that, but a few of them did end up with a nasty scar (or two) to remember me by. They had to learn the hard way, as just beating them up lead back to more physical violence against me later on.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2015, 8:12 am

I never take my anger out on another person physically. Because for one thing, i'm a pretty small guy and when you hit someone chances are they will hit you back. You can't hit someone unless you're willing to be hit back. 99% of adult men are bigger and probably stronger then I am and the average man outweighs me by 60 pounds and a good portion of men are twice my weight so really the only time I would hit someone is out of self-defense. (Or just run for your life!)

I have taken my anger and frustration out on objects though because I know that objects can't fight back. When I get frustrated, I may kick a wall or something or throw something. But I usually get over it pretty quick; I just have to get my frustration out some way. I kicked and broke a window during my 8th grade year but I wouldn't do something like this again. That costs like 189 bucks to fix and I don't think anyone wants to pay money for vandalizing.

I'm like a ninja if I want to be. I can sneak out of anything while being undetected. I am a master of stealth.