Peter Davidson 1982-1984 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Colin Baker 1984-1986 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sylvester McCoy 1987-1989 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 15

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2007, 1:48 pm

I have been watching alot and have alot of DVDs from the old series 1963-1989 and this is a pole who is your favourite Doctor.

I am not mentioning Paul McGann he doesn't count for me so don't mention him he was rubbish

Slink
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Sep 2007, 2:42 pm

Write-in vote for Paul McGann (c'mon hurry up old lady check my card my ID yes now check the list now stamp it stamp it stamp it! what you say now? the 44th precint-- lady, the newspaper said the armory, not the fire house-- no you check it you old b***h! aaarrrggghhh)

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2007, 3:00 pm

Tom Baker!

Of course any doctor who will give mt a ride in his TARDIS will get the ultimate award!

:)

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2007, 3:40 pm

I typed Sylvester McCoy as well but it didn't come out.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2007, 5:33 pm

MrMacPhisto wrote:
I typed Sylvester McCoy as well but it didn't come out.

Want me to edit it so it has McCoy?

On sabbatical...

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2007, 6:03 pm

I liked them all other than Colin Baker, but for me, the best is a cross between Troughton, Tom Baker and Peter Davison.
Back when I was totally obsessed (I watched them back to back nightly and collected masses of memorabillia and even went to a convention), Tom Baker was my favourite, but Troughton is so quirky and Davison, I just loved the stories.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2007, 1:27 am

Someone put Sylvester McCoy 1987-1989 in for me.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2007, 6:04 am

MrMacPhisto wrote:
Someone put Sylvester McCoy 1987-1989 in for me.

Done. :)

On sabbatical...

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2007, 9:09 am

Thank you

HurricaneRae
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Sep 2007, 3:34 pm

I grew up watching Doctor Who. It was a Saturday night ritual in my family. We have taped every episode ever aired on our local PBS station and that's pretty much all the episodes that are still in existance. We have been slowly transfering them to DVD. We are a crazy bunch.

Paul McGann is apparently going to do some episodes as they are planning on a season that will take place earlier in his life. However, I would not consider him to be from the original series and that is what we are voting on. Paul McGann is really hot though. ;)

I haven't seen the newest new Doctor, number 10. But I'm not sure I want to. He seems far too young and "pop" culture-esque.

-Elle

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2007, 3:04 am

I would watch the new series the only problem with the new series is it can get a bit funny I think there is more comedy in the new series. Anyway next Monday in England there will be a release of The Six Segments to the key to time series released on DVD which stars Tom Baker I will be buying it.

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2007, 4:16 pm

I always liked Jon Pertwee, he was my favorite. I even got to meet him once back in the 1980s. I'm not sure why I liked him more, I just did.

I've been enjoying the new series as well, since our PBS station started showing it. I think it does capture alot of the spirit of the original series, in that it doesn't always take itself too seriously.

Dr. Who was my Saturday night ritual for a long time too. It was often ruined by my sister though, because she'd want to go out to college football games, and my parents would force me to go with her because they didn't like me staying around the house all the time and wanted me to do more social stuff. When she finally left home, it was a dream come true again, that I could spend my Saturdays, and any other day for that matter, with my Commodore computer, my ham radio, and Dr. Who.

I seldom socialized in college, having few friends, not doing the party scene, only going to football games when my sister and parents ganged up on me to force me to go. I just wanted to be left alone.

My wife has gotten interested in the series too, watching the new ones, as well as buying me for Christmas DVDs of the William Hartnell era and the Tom Baker Key to Time.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2007, 9:31 pm

MrMacPhisto wrote:
I would watch the new series the only problem with the new series is it can get a bit funny I think there is more comedy in the new series. Anyway next Monday in England there will be a release of The Six Segments to the key to time series released on DVD which stars Tom Baker I will be buying it.

I love the Key To Time. Got them on video thus far... might ask for the DVD set for xmas.

HurricaneRae

19 Sep 2007, 7:18 am

PrisonerSix,

First, I LOVE the prisoner. My parents got the entire DVD collection when we first got a DVD player and I watched the whole thing straight through. It's awesome and I'm always saying, "I am not a number; I'm a free man." And no one gets me. :( I suspect your probably not my age. (I'm 24) I've only met one other person in my generation who has heard of The Prisoner. He too is obsessed with it. :D

Second, gotta disagree on your Doctor choice. He had greatest companions; the Brigadier and Jo Grant being some favorites of mine, but as an actual Doctor and the quality of the episodes, he's my least favorite. In fact, my sister and I always cheer the episode he dies. teehee. Another character we cheer when they die is Adric. But, we are all entitled to our opinion...just not you...LOL.

I love you and your avatar.

-Rae

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2007, 9:26 am

HurricaneRae wrote:
PrisonerSix,

First, I LOVE the prisoner. My parents got the entire DVD collection when we first got a DVD player and I watched the whole thing straight through. It's awesome and I'm always saying, "I am not a number; I'm a free man." And no one gets me. :( I suspect your probably not my age. (I'm 24) I've only met one other person in my generation who has heard of The Prisoner. He too is obsessed with it. :D

Second, gotta disagree on your Doctor choice. He had greatest companions; the Brigadier and Jo Grant being some favorites of mine, but as an actual Doctor and the quality of the episodes, he's my least favorite. In fact, my sister and I always cheer the episode he dies. teehee. Another character we cheer when they die is Adric. But, we are all entitled to our opinion...just not you...LOL.

I love you and your avatar.

-Rae

I'm 39 years old and when I was your age, I couldn't find Prisoner fans either. I bought the DVD set and got my wife watching it and she likes it! I got her interested because the Iron Maiden song "The Prisoner" features sound bites from the series. They also did another Prisoner inspired song called "Back in the Village."

The main thing about the Prisoner I relate to was how it dealt with the concept of individuality, and how one man refused to be a number. I always compared that idea to the conformism I felt I faced in my daily life. I also like the lesser used quote "I am not a number, I am a person." A series not to be missed.

Everyone has their own opinion of which Doctor is their favorite. One thing about Dr. Who fans I find is they tend to respect each others' opinions in this area. To each their own.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2007, 11:51 am

Alright I thought I will tell you which ones I have on DVD I have a variety of DVDs from different eras

William Hartnell era
An Unearthly Child
The Daleks
The Edge Of Destruction
The Daleks Invasion Of Earth

Patrick Troughton era
The Invasion
The Seeds of Doom

Jon Pertwee era
Spearhead From Space
Inferno
The Three Doctors
The Green Death
The Time Warrior

Tom Baker era
Robot
Genesis Of The Daleks
The Hand Of Fear
The Robots Of Death
Talons Of Weng Chiang
The Leisure Hive
The Keeper Of Traken
Logopolis

Peter Davison
Castrovalva
Earthshock
Time-Flight
Arc Of Infinity
The Five Doctors
Ressurrection Of The Daleks
The Caves Of Androzani

Colin Baker era
Vengeance On Varos
The Mark Of The Rani
The Two Doctors
Timelash
Revelation Of The Daleks

Sylvester McCoy
Remembrance Of The Daleks
Ghost Light
Survival

They are the ones I have on DVD they only release the old series at random and not in order.

I will be getting the soon release ones which are

Key To Time (out on Monday 24th September)
Planet Of Fire (Starring Tom Baker out in October)
Destiny Of The Daleks (Starring Tom Baker don't know the release date)