Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Redrocket
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Sep 2007, 6:34 pm

I don't know if anyone else can relate to my reaction to the start of the Fall season. To me when the Fall season starts I feel it's like the beginning of a new year. Some people might think a birthday would be a start of a new year or even of course New Year's Day. For me it's Fall. To me I feel that Fall is a start of a New Year because the kids go back to school, the new TV shows/movies start playing, the colleges reopen up and it seems like things start up again overall after a period of rest. This might be a crazy feeling or reaction to the start of the Fall season but that's how I feel. Some people might think Fall is a end of a new year, I don't know. I also get sad during the Fall season because the weather gets colder, the leaves start falling, it gets darker earlier, it gets lighter later and it's a sign that Winter is on it's way. When I was younger (going to school, even college) it might take to go back to classes.

Can anyone relate to these feelings, opinions or reactions? What's everyone reaction when the Fall Season starts.

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2007, 10:23 pm

Spring where I am, so with winter behind us I am looking forward to new seasons (trout already started, cod in a few weeks, ducks over rice, camping out, going to the beach etc), so yes a new year for me, but for different reasons.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2007, 10:32 pm

I hate fall. But I hate winter more.

jaleb
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2007, 10:43 pm

I love fall!! ! It is my favorite season. Even though I like it warm, by now I am tired of it being so hot all the time! I like being able to turn the A/C off and leave the windows open, I love the colors, and Halloween is coming, TV starts back, I could go on and on and on. We celebrate it at our house and go to the local orchard to get apples and pumpkins!

"Be kinder than necessary,
for everyone you meet is
fighting some kind of battle".

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2007, 11:01 pm

jaleb wrote:
I love fall!! ! It is my favorite season. Even though I like it warm, by now I am tired of it being so hot all the time! I like being able to turn the A/C off and leave the windows open, I love the colors, and Halloween is coming, TV starts back, I could go on and on and on. We celebrate it at our house and go to the local orchard to get apples and pumpkins!
I did used to enjoy fall back when I lived further south (Except for the school part). Fall down there actually is very nice.

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2007, 4:05 am

fall is nice, it signals a new school year for sure. also football season and a busy time for catering. Everything seems to come to life in a college town.. its also the start of birthday season for me and a few of my sisters. The down side.... hay fever. Mums, and marigolds and ragweed, oh my. i can feel my throat itching. There is the pleasure of making soup and pastries out of the now in season winter squash and lets not forget my favorite holiday: halloween... whee. i love to dress up. You get to be someone else for the night. not that i dont like being myself. its still fun.

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2007, 4:19 pm

Early Autumn has many perks, but primarily it feels to me like death, knowing that it's just going to get colder and colder. For me, the new year starts on the first day that my feet no longer freeze when I'm outside wearing sandals. I don't watch TV, so I'm not excited by the prospect of spectator sports or new shows.

This year, I want to migrate for the winter.

Slink
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2007, 4:38 pm

I love the fall. To the OP, I know exactly what you mean. Fall really does feel to me like the start of, well, something. A new season, obviously. School starts, football starts, this hellish TX heat begins to die... honestly, fall weather here is like spring anywhere else. And winter is fall with the odd front and rain.