Is Full Metal Achelmist the new Inuyasha (in popularity)?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ConfusedLoner
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jul 2005, 12:40 am

Ok, this may seem like a stupid question but I was just wondering, is Full Metal Achelmist the new Inuyasha? Not the new Inuyasha per say, but like in popularity? I mean, just start to say the word Inuyasha, and half the people in the room can finish the sentence for you. Is it the same way for Full Metal Achelmist?Is FMA so widely spread around the world and country as Inuyasha? Just wanted to know.

By the way, if I spelled Achelmist wrong, sorry, Im not the greatest speller..

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2005, 10:36 am

ConfusedLoner wrote:

By the way, if I spelled Achelmist wrong, sorry, Im not the greatest speller..

It's 'alchemist', not 'achelmist'.

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2005, 2:28 pm

Well I watched all of FMA in the space of about a week while I only watched a few eps of Inuyasha before I got bored. So to answer your question, I dunno.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2005, 9:40 pm

I dunno,but I like Inuyasha better than FMA.

:D SpaceCase :D

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2005, 6:37 pm

I dunno, Ive never seen eether of them. I live in the UK, and we dont get much anime on TV here :cry: I have herd of both of them thogh.

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2005, 10:25 pm

In terms of popularity, yes. If you have a Waldenbooks in your area, notice that they sell almost as much (or exactly as much) FMA-related merchandise as they do Inuyasha-related merchandise. And that Inuyasha and FMA have an almost equal number of fans.

TaliDaRadical
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Aug 2005, 1:54 am

What is that show about, anyway? When I was milling around in Shanghai last year, I saw a poster for that show flaking off a wall and thought it was weird that somebody was making a cartoon about alchemy.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2005, 9:43 am

TaliDaRadical wrote:
What is that show about, anyway?

Here's a plot summary: Two kids teaching themselves alchemy made the horrible mistake of attempting to revive their dead mother. One of them lost an arm and a leg and the other lost his entire body (His spirit was transferred to a suit of armour), so now they've become certified State Alchemists and are searching about for the Philosopher's Stone because it'll restore them to their original bodies.