Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

AlanSWF
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Sep 2007, 11:35 am

Hi there

I have just become a coach for ADHD and Autistic Spectrum and reside in Essex in the UK.
I am more than happy to help anyone if there is a need. If anyone else is online from Essex, perhaps you can tell me if they know of anyone else that does Coaching in our area.

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2007, 12:35 pm

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "coaching." Are you "life-coaching", teaching people on the spectrum how to adapt their behavior, or are you doing "sports" coaching, coaching kids on a sports team who happen to be on the autistic spectrum?

Kris

AlanSWF
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Sep 2007, 1:37 pm

Kris

As you mention, I am Life Coaching on how to adapt their behaviour, but also to help parents and families with schools and possibly with authorities in understanding the behaviour of the person.
For example:
I visited a school this week who has a child recently diagnosed with Autism and is becoming an increasing problem due to certain activities that the child does. I went to the school in order to offer my services as a coach, but was able to (1) highlight some of the traits (2) how they can possibly change somethings in order to improve the childs behaviour. They were impressed and I have been invited back to provide a presentation at the school to all of the teachers.

I have been attending an excellent coaching course in England, which also provides training to medical professionals in the spectrum.

Next year I will also train in NLP and along with the coaching above, this will be an unusual combination but is a proven and very successful combination. This is also taught by the same company, which is run by a psychologist and other known people who have personal expereinces from their family lives.

Hope this helps

Alan