Look me in the eye- john robinson-violent, unstable home...

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

jaydog
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2007, 7:26 pm

Look me in the eye
John Elder Robison always wanted to be normal. But after growing up with Asperger’s in a violent, unstable home, writing his life story taught him how extraordinary he really is.
John Elder Robison is an Aspergian and proud of it. I didn’t really know what that meant before meeting him. I suspected, however, that it couldn’t be good. After all, Asperger’s is a form of autism. But I had also read his memoir, Look Me in the Eye, which, ultimately, is a tale of triumph. He is not so much the Ugly Duckling as the Misfit Duckling. view article

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Oct 2007, 10:48 pm

Very interesting, nice interview. I have UTube link of him and his brother. My family is beginning to take notice of this Asperger's thing because of all the media attention it's getting. I only told my husband & kids, my sister and my only RL friend. When I first told them that I believed I had AS they kind of acted like they weren't really listening, or like it was just one more crazy thing coming out of my mouth, and they would change the subject, or play it down. Now, six months later, when Aspies are coming out all over the place, they are sending me all kinds of articles and interviews and books. I appreciate it, but I just wish they would have taken it from me, from my mind, from my mouth. It's like they had to have approval from authorities and other outside sources before they could accept that it might be true, that I might know what I'm talking about. Oh well, that's life.

Just realized, Jaydog, that I have posted in the wrong thread. What I mean is, I didn't intend to post here. I was in another thread and someone posted the link to this one. After reading the article, I thought I was replying to the person who gave me the link. That's why my post sounds so personal. I thought I was talking to someone who knows me well. But, no harm done. Now I have to go back to the thread I was in previous to this, and post another TY.

Thanks for the article. Quite interesting.
:roll:Here's another link.