Things that made you cry seemingly for no reason...

Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 10:07 pm

The Neverending Story

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 10:17 pm

oh yeah...and I CAN't smoke pot and NOT cry...a sorta abnormal reaction I guess.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 12:21 am

THAT would be inconvienant.

"Here, take a toke"

"OK"

~Puff~

"Auughhhghh, ahhhh wahhhhh."

"Well, it's not that bad."

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 1:24 am

When Cartman started singing "I've got a golden ticket" in South Park...

Oh, wait, I was supposed to laugh at that...

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 1:02 pm

I'm so glad people understand this! :D

I also felt this NEED to have this thing in the books catalogue they handed out to us in grade 7 homeroom where we could order books. I HAD to have this "Bear Hugs Pack"... this pen that was alll white and furry and had a polar bear head-- such an adorable polar bear head! And the book was all heartwarming stories about bears... I LOVED bears and I LOVED my teddy bears. It made me cry just looking at it. I HAD to have it. It was sort of for little kids but I loved it. My mother was a bit disgusted, finally saying that I needed it, emotionally. She seemed worried about my being socially acceptable-- YUCK!-- and when she said I needed it emotionally she sounded like she was angry and sad and scared and mournful but resigning herself to the fact that I was emotionally immature or unstable or something! I loved that little bear pen! I loved the heartwarming stories about bears too. I felt like I had to have one, to bring it away from the warehouse where it would sit in the dark, or they might even be destroyed if they weren't sold out, and I couldn't have that!

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 1:51 pm

the deer hunter and that sad one by elton john touch a nerve

Stupidcat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2007, 2:30 pm

That Pedigree dog food commercial that used to play all the time would always make me cry. "I don't know how I ended up here but I know I'm good dog." Gets me every time.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 2:58 pm

The They Might Be Giant's song from the "Flood" album..."They'll Need a Crane"

different
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Oct 2007, 3:22 pm

This is kind of embarassing really. I used to cry when people were sweating heavily from the forehead :oops:

starlighter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2007, 4:30 pm

Like I cry in a lot of disney movies :oops: and in a lot of shoujo japanese anime , mainly.
And with some ballads songs that remind me of something. Also, enjoying a good view landscape .

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Oct 2007, 4:41 pm

Immm sooo embarressed, heh :oops: . I used to cry when I was little when an inanimate object (usually a stuffed animal) would fall on the floor or something would hit it and knock it over, anything that appeared to 'hurt' it. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sometimes, even in present day, if im looking at a old picture, or if I think about the past, really any of it good or bad, i get a bit teary eyed. :roll: :oops:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 6:16 pm

I get teary-eyed, through the month of December, because I think about all the poor children who won't be getting much for Christmas.

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

05 Oct 2007, 6:54 pm

A few years back, I got a teddy bear for my MFA son. The teddy had some device in it that, when squeezed, would play out a little tune in simple electronic notes. When I gave it to him and he squeeed the tune on, he immediately started bawling. 8O He cried while the tune played, and when the tune stopped, he stopped crying almost immediately. Then he squeezed it again, and the same thing happened. I just sort of stood and watched, having no real idea what to do? :? Then he squeezed it a third time, and I finally took it away from him... Over which he got rather upset? It was all something of an interesting mystery. Obviously the tune did not jive well with his scrambled senses, but to keep triggering the tune? That was a bit odd. I'm sure there is a reason for his crying, but it was a rather mysterious incident.

Good fortune,

- Icarus tortures kids with teddies...

spazmaticstitch
Raven
Raven

05 Oct 2007, 7:17 pm

When I was younger, fire alarms made me cry. (& also, cover my ears & run outside)

The Buffy episode "The Gift" makes me cry, because Buffy dies to save Dawn, & I hate Dawn! :twisted:

Christmas makes me cry, because we don't have a lot of money, & I really dislike Christmas.

& going to my old neighborhood, or seeing pics of it make me cry, because I wish more than anything that I could live there again, but I know I never will.

Seeing pics of my 4 kitties I had to give up make me cry too.

I'm very emotional right now. My life is a total disaster. :cry:

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 7:24 pm

Memory, from Cats. I think of my own cat, Samantha and of all the homeless cats who never had the chance that my own cats have. Even the ferals that live outside my own house are spoiled and pampered more than some of the cats people consider pets.

Yellowriting
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Oct 2007, 7:42 pm

When I was 6 and asked my mum what agony meant I cried cos I felt sorry for the pain of people who needed such a word.