Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,363
Location: Hants, Uk

04 Oct 2007, 4:08 pm

Sometimes people should be called sheeple as that is what they remind me of mostly...sheep.

Have you ever sat down somewhere, in a cafe or restaurant, in a nice quiet spot, only to have a noisy group come and sit at the next table when there is a whole room of empty tables??

I swear we go against the herding instinct in that we mostly seek out quiet spots and avoid following the crowd...latest cell phone, latest CD, latest fashion, latest trend...WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO BE A DAMN CLONE???? Is it not better to be individualistic?

Nothing is more irritating than when you find a quiet spot, only for a sheeperson to come along and invade your space... lost count of number of times someone has sat on next table, facing me, forcing me to move as I cannot stand being looked at while I am trying to concentrate and think.



edal
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jul 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 759
Location: Gyor, Hungary

04 Oct 2007, 4:11 pm

Don't bath or shower for a couple of weeks, people will soon start to leave you alone but you might lose a friend or three unless they have a cold :lol:

Ed Almos



Goche21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 2 Oct 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 471

04 Oct 2007, 4:13 pm

I sit alone from time to time to see if that'll happen ((it rarely does to me)) it's kinda nice when someone comes over to chat with you. Mostly I'm just left alone though, which I'm also alright with.



Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,363
Location: Hants, Uk

04 Oct 2007, 4:13 pm

edal wrote:
Don't bath or shower for a couple of weeks, people will soon start to leave you alone but you might lose a friend or three unless they have a cold :lol:

Ed Almos


Been there and done that :lol: It was very useful in store queues...
Don't have any friends to lose in real life...totally solitary for the most part, but hey... I prefer my hair to be shiny with health than shiny enough to grease a pan and fry an egg :P

However, I might start eating vast quantities of garlic and curry...

Seriously, is it just me who gets very upset when she finds a solitary spot to sit and someone comes and sits right close by??

It is ironic as I get very lonely, yet when people come to sit close...



jaydog
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Aug 2007
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 530
Location: california

04 Oct 2007, 4:17 pm

edal wrote:
Don't bath or shower for a couple of weeks, people will soon start to leave you alone but you might lose a friend or three unless they have a cold Laughing

Ed Almos

lol, 8)



Jennyfoo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 532

04 Oct 2007, 4:17 pm

Baaaah! Baaaah!



holdsteady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 3 Oct 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 167
Location: Closer

04 Oct 2007, 4:30 pm

I find some people to be very pleasant company, sorry.



Adrie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 12 Sep 2007
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 464
Location: California/England

04 Oct 2007, 4:40 pm

I know what you mean. Actually I am not so concerned w/ a group of noisy people sitting near me, but I do get tired of so many people acting like clones in what they discuss, how they dress, what they do...

It's funny that you call it the sheeple instinct - that's a good term for it, lol. When I see people acting like clones I always think they're baaaing (another way to say BORING). :roll:



holdsteady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 3 Oct 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 167
Location: Closer

04 Oct 2007, 4:49 pm

Adrie wrote:
I know what you mean. Actually I am not so concerned w/ a group of noisy people sitting near me, but I do get tired of so many people acting like clones in what they discuss, how they dress, what they do...

It's funny that you call it the sheeple instinct - that's a good term for it, lol. When I see people acting like clones I always think they're baaaing (another way to say BORING). :roll:


And what makes you so much better than these other 'clones' ?
Apart from your unfounded sense of superiority i mean.



Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,015

04 Oct 2007, 5:00 pm

uggh yes. I especially hate it when I walk into a bar/restaurant and there are a flock of jocks and one is single so the guys point at me for one of their friends to talk to as if I'm some sort of take out dinner.



Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,363
Location: Hants, Uk

04 Oct 2007, 5:02 pm

I don't mind if they are there, it is simply that when there is a whole place full of empty tables and they have their own company, I don't get why they need to sit in a table near to you.



coppelia
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 1 Oct 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 80

04 Oct 2007, 5:02 pm

I Know exactly what you mean I just hate it when that happens when Im out with my sis it always happens and I have tomove as the noise goes through my ears and I hate people in groups and dont like strangers in general (I have sevier socialisation difficulties)


_________________
BE THE DIFFERENCE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD-GANDHI


sigholdaccountlost
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,740

04 Oct 2007, 5:02 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
edal wrote:
Don't bath or shower for a couple of weeks, people will soon start to leave you alone but you might lose a friend or three unless they have a cold :lol:

Ed Almos


Been there and done that :lol: It was very useful in store queues...
Don't have any friends to lose in real life...totally solitary for the most part, but hey... I prefer my hair to be shiny with health than shiny enough to grease a pan and fry an egg :P

However, I might start eating vast quantities of garlic and curry...

Seriously, is it just me who gets very upset when she finds a solitary spot to sit and someone comes and sits right close by??

It is ironic as I get very lonely, yet when people come to sit close...


Gahhh...yeh. If I wanted to sit with you, I'd walk over to you.


_________________
<a href="http://www.kia-tickers.com><img src="http://www.kia-tickers.com/bday/ticker/19901105/+0/4/1/name/r55/s37/bday.png" border="0"> </a>


Adrie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 12 Sep 2007
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 464
Location: California/England

04 Oct 2007, 5:06 pm

holdsteady wrote:
Adrie wrote:
I know what you mean. Actually I am not so concerned w/ a group of noisy people sitting near me, but I do get tired of so many people acting like clones in what they discuss, how they dress, what they do...

It's funny that you call it the sheeple instinct - that's a good term for it, lol. When I see people acting like clones I always think they're baaaing (another way to say BORING). :roll:


And what makes you so much better than these other 'clones' ?
Apart from your unfounded sense of superiority i mean.


Holdsteady - I didn't mean to imply that I am superior, I'm just saying that I value individuality.

But if you think that I shouldn't judge people without knowing them, then you're right. I should not be so quick to judge and I do apologize for that.

However, I am thinking more along the lines of people who try to fit society's "ideal," when I think we should embrace what makes us different.



holdsteady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 3 Oct 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 167
Location: Closer

04 Oct 2007, 5:15 pm

Adrie wrote:
holdsteady wrote:
Adrie wrote:
I know what you mean. Actually I am not so concerned w/ a group of noisy people sitting near me, but I do get tired of so many people acting like clones in what they discuss, how they dress, what they do...

It's funny that you call it the sheeple instinct - that's a good term for it, lol. When I see people acting like clones I always think they're baaaing (another way to say BORING). :roll:


And what makes you so much better than these other 'clones' ?
Apart from your unfounded sense of superiority i mean.


Holdsteady - I didn't mean to imply that I am superior, I'm just saying that I value individuality.

But if you think that I shouldn't judge people without knowing them, then you're right. I should not be so quick to judge and I do apologize for that.

However, I am thinking more along the lines of people who try to fit society's "ideal," when I think we should embrace what makes us different.


Thanks for explaining.
I too am not a social climber.