Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

aurea
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2007, 6:21 am

I was in there car with my little boy J, and he said he wished he was just like all the other kids and didn't have any problems. I wasn't sure what to say so that he would understand. Of course I told him that lots of people have problems, all sorts of problems. He said he wished he wasn't different. To some my response to this may seam silly but I just wanted J to know thats it's not so bad to be "different".
I asked him if we were in a cake shop and it was full of cinamon donuts but right at the back there was a donut with sprinkles which would he pick... he said the sprinkles. Then I asked him if we were in a car yard and there were lots of really cool black cars but only one black car with a white stripe which car would he want... he said the one with the stripe cause it was different and he wouldn't want the same one as every one else... that would be boring. I said to him see it can be really cool some times to be a bit different, and not always the same as everyone else. I know this all sounds simple but it needed to be and it was all I could think of quickly. Anyway just thought I'd share. :wink:

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2007, 3:45 pm

We all want to be unique, just like everyone else, especially when we're young. I think that kids wouldn't worry so much about being different if the schools' main subject that they teach is conformity. Some people find it way easier to adapt and comform than others.