Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

dosh
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Oct 2007, 8:23 am

I have a 30 minute journey by train to work each day and am driven crazy by other passengers speaking on their phones. I have even asked people to "turn the volume down" but in fact it irritates me whether they speakly quietly or not. Has anyone found a good way of dealing with this problem? (There is no other way to get to work I should add!)

08 Oct 2007, 8:47 am

get your own phone

Cooper
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Oct 2007, 10:10 am

Noise-canceling headphones are probably your best bet.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2007, 11:14 am

dosh wrote:
I have a 30 minute journey by train to work each day and am driven crazy by other passengers speaking on their phones. I have even asked people to "turn the volume down" but in fact it irritates me whether they speakly quietly or not. Has anyone found a good way of dealing with this problem? (There is no other way to get to work I should add!)

am recommend getting a pair of good soft earplugs,and a good pair of padded ear defenders-put earplugs in,and wear ear defenders over the top,this helps with blocking out some of the noise that goes on.

Re.noise cancelling headphones.
these emit noise of their own so are not suitable for all ASDers.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2007, 11:54 am

dosh wrote:

ditto. :oops:
earplugs and humming.

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2007, 12:51 pm

Get an iPod.

Crank it up so loud that it annoys the other passengers, and interrupts their phone conversations.

Once they hang up because they can't talk...turn the volume down on the iPod.

:lol:

In all seriousness though, maybe really get an iPod and tune the world out with some soothing music.

edal
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2007, 3:44 pm

"Has anyone found a good way of dealing with this problem?"

Only one.

I was once on a flight and the guy three rows ahead of me refused to stop using his cellphone. He insisted that it was a very important call and he must finish it, even though the plane was ready to take off. A rather large gentleman then reached over the seat, grabbed the phone, pulled it apart with his bare hands, and handed the pieces back. All of the passengers cheered and the stewardess was trying very hard not to laugh.

Ed Almos

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2007, 3:50 pm

edal wrote:
"Has anyone found a good way of dealing with this problem?"

Only one.

I was once on a flight and the guy three rows ahead of me refused to stop using his cellphone. He insisted that it was a very important call and he must finish it, even though the plane was ready to take off. A rather large gentleman then reached over the seat, grabbed the phone, pulled it apart with his bare hands, and handed the pieces back. All of the passengers cheered and the stewardess was trying very hard not to laugh.

Ed Almos

LOL!! !! !! I love it!

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2007, 4:08 pm

dosh wrote:

Da best ting 2 do is sit in da quiet carriage dis way u will have a quieter journey i know wen ppl use their fones it is very annoyin trust me.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2007, 5:33 pm

lob an EMP* grenade through the doors before entry.

*destroys circuitry

dosh
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Oct 2007, 7:11 am

Thanks everyone for your really helpful advice. I especially love the grenade idea.