Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 4:01 pm

How does everyone react to losing things...say a book, sportscard etc?

I find that once I want to find something and cannot, it won't leave my mind until I find it and if I cannot find it, I meltdown and fly into a totally irrational rage.

Is this normal among Aspies etc?

Tonight I really got the urge to read my book on Queen Elizabeth I again and hunted through all my books and couldn't find it. I really lost my temper.

ev8
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Oct 2007, 4:06 pm

Somewhere around the half hour mark of searching for something I must find like car keys, a certain video game, or the like, I get EXTREMELY frustrated and lose all ability to find it, but keep looking around the room not picking anything up as if it's suddenly going to be on top of something. This behavior of course gets me MORE frustrated and I begin to go around the house just looking at places until someone asks me if I need help. They, of course, find it within ten minutes.

wayne1983
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Oct 2007, 4:07 pm

yeah i can get like that. Really gets to me and wont give up untill i get it.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 4:11 pm

Omgosh I go crazy if I loose something, the other day I lost my moisturizeer, couldn't find it, searched my whole room and bathroom, went psycho, starting freaking out, having a panic attack, throwing things around, yelling at everybody....turns out my dumb puppy ate it then threw it up :roll: , luckily my brother put him in his cage before I got a hold of him :x!

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 4:16 pm

Age1600 wrote:
Omgosh I go crazy if I loose something, the other day I lost my moisturizeer, couldn't find it, searched my whole room and bathroom, went psycho, starting freaking out, having a panic attack, throwing things around, yelling at everybody....turns out my dumb puppy ate it then threw it up :roll: , luckily my brother put him in his cage before I got a hold of him :x!

Oooh boy, am I glad I am not the only one. Always been that way. I would rant and rage and blame my mother if anything went missing and not rest until I had it back. On this occasion, I have had to admit defeat, but only after a wall and door kicking, spitting, cussing and head banging session :oops:

ASPERGERSJOHN
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Oct 2007, 4:19 pm

It depends what it is that i actually lose i do lose my temper sometimes but not all the time when i lose something.

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 6:34 pm

If it's something that I need badly, I'm just like that. Just a couple days ago, after not being able to find a roll of double-sided tape that I needed to repair something important with, I was angrily talking about it out loud, to no one in particular.

riverotter
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 7:05 pm

Oh...I so totally cannot handle losing anything...will pace and look for something obsessively-and stimmingly.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 9:10 pm

I left my locker key behind at work today. I thought I had put it in my purse. I thought I was going crazy. Thankfully, someone at work called and said they had found it. Whew!

becca423b
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Oct 2007, 9:17 pm

Yes! One time I could not find the jeans I use for painting. Now, I have five other pairs of old pants I could have worn, but because those were the ones I lost, I spent the next half hour raving mad tearing my room apart looking for them!

AnnabelLee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2007, 9:53 pm

Sounds like me! That or when someone throws my schedule off...I get insane!

fallensamurai

12 Oct 2007, 10:08 pm

I lose things a lot. It makes me furious. I get so ticked off. I don't even bother picking up my stuff because it overwhelms me, which probably contributes to the frequency of lost items.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

12 Oct 2007, 10:16 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
sportscard.
ive lossed some. one i know was lossed, i have no idea where were it went, but one i destroyed. both were terrible moments, but the one i destroyed was more so

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 10:18 pm

I will search for hours on end, although I don't get frustrated over it. The only time I do is if I need to find something and I'm on a tight schedule (although that's my fear of tardiness rather than "I can't find something"...)

weird_el
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Oct 2007, 10:48 pm

Just yesterday I lost my purse. I recall very clearly putting a pen in it yesterday morning as it was on my counter. For some reason though I took my keys and wallet out of it and put them in my jacket pocket. I left for coffee, and when I got to the coffee shop (2 blocks away) I noticed I didn't have my pen on me, so I figured I had just left it in my purse on my counter. When I got home immediately afterwards, it was missing from the counter. I looked everywhere -- even in illogical places -- nothing. I thought perhaps I did take it with me afterall. I stopped by the outdoor garbage can where I had thrown something out on my way for coffee. Not there. I even checked the newspaper machine where I had bought that morning's paper. Not there. I called the coffee shop. Not there. AARGH! I don't live with anyone but the cats and I always lock my door.

Fortunately, my keys and my wallet were with me, and all that was in the purse was my pen (a nice Parker rollerball) and maybe some loose change. The memory lapse as to what I must have done with it concerns me more than the material loss.

Angelus-Mortis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2007, 11:17 pm

Sometimes. But that only depends on if I'm in a rush and if that item is important, or if I was fairly sure I remembered where it was, but it wasn't where I thought it was, and it seemed illogical because it wasn't there. It usually turns out that when I'm looking for something like a pencil, it happens to be hiding underneath some other object or nested inside a math textbook.

Arbitraris id veneficium quod te ludificat. Arbitror id formam quod intellego.

Ignorationi est non medicina.