Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

just_me
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Oct 2007, 9:03 pm

Any parents out there that have had no alternative to place their teenage son/daughter in care due to their aggressive, abusive violent behaviour ?

geek
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2007, 9:26 pm

Sure. Of my three kids, two were really easy to parent, but my oldest son went from bad to horrible during the time he was 14-19. But he was also the only one with no autistic traits at all. There was nowhere to place him, but his behavior landed him in jail on more than one occasion.

Having a teenager can be really rough sometimes.

Last edited by geek on 29 Oct 2007, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2007, 6:53 am

I'm not a parent and I don't plan to be, but I had to say that I'm sorry this has happened and I can't imagine how hard it must have been for you to do that.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2007, 2:20 pm

I don't know what the teen years will bring, mine are young now. I can imagine that this must be very hard for you as a mom :(

ster
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2007, 7:24 am

there have been several times when we've seriously considered doing this......the stress of having a child that is out of control one minute, and passive the next is quite taxing...........don't feel bad for doing what you feel is best for your child~ if you truly cannot handle him at home, then the best thing for him would be a different environment that's medically supervised and they have round-the-clock supervision......my heart aches for you.....best of luck

mominator
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Nov 2007, 10:54 pm

Just 3 weeks ago I took my 16 and 1/2 year old son to a Therapeutic Boarding School in Provo Utah. I'm praying that in the end our decision will be the best for our son. We live in Texas. It has been the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. If we did not do something I am afraid of what his future would be like. He has an IQ of 145 but the common sence of a 8 year old. his reasoning ability and social skills are not conducive to being self sufficient enough to attend
College. We hope this will help him reach his full potential.

Corsarzs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Nov 2007, 10:53 am

Just one. Tried raising a third grand child when his adoptive mother passed away and the adoptive father couldn't handle him. I am convinced he is a developing sosiopath although he is too young for that dx. He is currently living in another State with his Uncle and his family. All antisocial behaviors are continuing and escalating. Even his therapists have told him if he cannot adjust he will probably end up a permanent guest of the government.

This is sad but he presented a real and present threat to my other children and wife. He was old enough and big enough to do real harm to them. He is the only child I've ever encountered that I could not deal with short of violence and I will not go there with a child. He did attack Z on at least 3 occaisions we know of and threatened violence to Cor. The only thing that held him in check here is that he knew I was bigger, stronger and potentially meaner than he was. He viewed any sign of kindness as weakness and was and is convinced that the world exists solely for the purpose of satisfying his wants. A black page in my personal history.