Page 14 of 16 [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

CatTheBurrito
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Aug 2009, 12:59 pm

last time i checked i was 5'3

but i havnt checked for a while and all of my pants are now too short for me.

i started my growth spurt and my height is skyrocketing really fast.

i am probably about 5'4 1/2...

my mom is 5'2 and my dad is 5'8

but everyone else in my family is really tall, at least 5'7 or taller

PikaYoshi
Toucan
Toucan

29 Aug 2009, 4:30 pm

I'm 5'1" :(
Most girls at my school are 5'4", 5'5", or 5'6", but I'm just 5'1" :(

Interlude
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Aug 2009, 2:30 am

I'm 5'8 . I was expected to grow taller, as I had been 4 inches taller than everyone in my class (who were 2 years older) until high school.
My Mom is 5'3 and my Dad 6'0.

Zerostanzi

30 Aug 2009, 9:06 pm

I'm 5'2.

potty245
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Sep 2009, 10:15 am

I hate being the shortest in family at the heoght of 6ft :x

poppetfish
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Sep 2009, 4:31 am

ProwlingParadox wrote:

Really I just want to find a girl taller than me :(

I am taller. I am 6'4" :(

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 9:03 am

poppetfish wrote:
ProwlingParadox wrote:

Really I just want to find a girl taller than me :(

I am taller. I am 6'4" :(

8O An enlightened human?! Quick, get him! :D

Not trivializing your pain, poppetfish, by the way. My life's been a nightmare since I was a child because of my height. :cry: What stuns/sickens me is the idea that I might've stood a chance had I been born and raised overseas. My European friends can't fathom the ignorance and prejudice of Americans (especially American men) where female height's concerned. According to a German pal, I'm "not that tall," and he suspects that I'd be treated "normally" were I to live in the Netherlands or Scandinavia. Knowing that I could potentially have a chance at some semblance of a "normal" social life if I could live overseas - and knowing that it's not an option - causes me great anguish. :cry:

~Steve Jobs

CRD
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 9:29 am

My brother who is 5ft6ins adores tall women. I know he can't be the only one. :) so if you don't mind them short I think Matt is back in play or will be before long.

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 9:54 am

CRD wrote:
My brother who is 5ft6ins adores tall women. I know he can't be the only one. :) so if you don't mind them short I think Matt is back in play or will be before long.

I don't mind shorter guys (if I'd dismissed all guys who were shorter than I am throughout my life, I'd never've had a bf!), but I don't relish the notion of towering over 'em.

Speaking to this issue: what's the deal with tall men only going for much-shorter women? I feel like my own brother (nearly 6'4") let me and the rest of the tall women of the world down by marrying a woman who barely hits 5'3". Is it a power/domination thing? I don't get it. At uni, one of the cheerleaders lived in my dorm. She was dating a member of the men's basketball team; he was 6'9", she was 5'1". WTF?! Tall women seem to be viewed as personas non gratas in this f*cked-up country - unless they're airheaded celebs or models, of course... :evil:

~Steve Jobs

poppetfish
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Sep 2009, 4:16 pm

SINsister wrote:
CRD wrote:

I don't mind shorter guys (if I'd dismissed all guys who were shorter than I am throughout my life, I'd never've had a bf!), but I don't relish the notion of towering over 'em.

Speaking to this issue: what's the deal with tall men only going for much-shorter women? I feel like my own brother (nearly 6'4") let me and the rest of the tall women of the world down by marrying a woman who barely hits 5'3". Is it a power/domination thing? I don't get it. At uni, one of the cheerleaders lived in my dorm. She was dating a member of the men's basketball team; he was 6'9", she was 5'1". WTF?! Tall women seem to be viewed as personas non gratas in this f*cked-up country - unless they're airheaded celebs or models, of course... :evil:

This makes me so mad. I personally would never date anyone shorter then me. (I am very submissive). Why cant tall men date tall women and have nice big babies that grown into tall men and women. My brother also married a short girl (5'1" and really large) he is only 6'5". :x My husband is 6'8" and the tallest man i have ever dated was 7'2".

I hate how i bump my head into doorways and hit the roof of buses. I hate how i get a back ache from chopping up dinner. I hate how i have to order custom jeans from the US. I hate how i have to wear 2 tops to cover my belly. I hate how i feel so gangly and awkward when i see all the petite little women chatting away. I hate when 5'6" or 5'7" teenagers natter on about how much they hate being tall. I hate going into a shoe store and the sales assistant says things like "I hope she wont buy heels." . :cry:

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 9:41 pm

poppetfish wrote:
My brother also married a short girl (5'1" and really large) he is only 6'5". :x My husband is 6'8" and the tallest man i have ever dated was 7'2".

8O 8O 8O

Where on earth do you live?! We've only got trolls and Hobbits over here! :cry:

Heeeey, I know! Wanna share rude short-folk comments? I'll start: "I'd love to be taller, but I definitely wouldn't want to be as tall as you..."

Mmhmm.

:evil:

I need to get the hell out of this Lilliputian country. You wouldn't happen to know any guys who might be willing to marry a tall, poor, lonely American girl, would you? :wink:

~Steve Jobs

poppetfish
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Sep 2009, 9:59 pm

SINsister wrote:
poppetfish wrote:
My brother also married a short girl (5'1" and really large) he is only 6'5". :x My husband is 6'8" and the tallest man i have ever dated was 7'2".

8O 8O 8O

Where on earth do you live?! We've only got trolls and Hobbits over here! :cry:

Heeeey, I know! Wanna share rude short-folk comments? I'll start: "I'd love to be taller, but I definitely wouldn't want to be as tall as you..."

Mmhmm.

:evil:

I need to get the hell out of this Lilliputian country. You wouldn't happen to know any guys who might be willing to marry a tall, poor, lonely American girl, would you? :wink:

I met my husband on HOTorNOT. I live in australia and 99.9% of men are shorter then me. I can go out and count on both hands how many men are taller then me. I am lucky that i am one of those aspies that talks what is on my mind. I used to work in a customer service job at sporting events so i would blurt out "You are the sexiest man i have seen in a long time." LOL :o The 7'2" man was a professional basketball player and he was too stupid to realise how weird i am. :wink:

I think the rudest comment i get from other women is "Stand tall. Hunching over makes you look ugly." I am trying to make my head lower then the roof of the bus. :evil:

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 10:14 pm

poppetfish wrote:
I am lucky that i am one of those aspies that talks what is on my mind. I used to work in a customer service job at sporting events so i would blurt out "You are the sexiest man i have seen in a long time." LOL :o The 7'2" man was a professional basketball player and he was too stupid to realise how weird i am. :wink:

I think the rudest comment i get from other women is "Stand tall. Hunching over makes you look ugly." I am trying to make my head lower then the roof of the bus. :evil:

Good for you! I envy your brass balls, babe. :(

OMFG, yes - and where do they get off?! Why is it that short men and women feel free to say whatever they like to us, no matter how hurtful or insulting? Next time, you might retort, "Yes, well, at least *I* have an excuse..." ;)

~Steve Jobs

Sati
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 2:50 am

I'm 5'2"; my parents are 5'4" and 5'10".

saywhatyamean
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Sep 2009, 11:30 pm

I am half an inch off 6 foot. My husband is 6 foot 4 Both my boys are on the 97th percentile for height and weight. It does not concern me either way. However I don't think I would enjoy going out with a shorter man. People make stuppid comments about every thing, it seems no one ever appears normal enough but that is not my problem. Guiltily, I have to admit I have a cousin who is around 6 foot 6 and he goes out with all these tiny little women, my 4 brothers and I think it looks hilarious.

Terpsikhore
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Sep 2009, 2:37 pm

I'm 5'9 and lovingly referred to as 'the midget' by my family. Hrmph. Even my baby brother - who hasn't even hit adolescence yet! - is 6'4. He refers to my as 'my little big sister'.

I solve this problem by a). surrounding myself with short friends, b). living in high heels, and c). always travelling on the top deck of double-decker buses. I like that my head touches the ceiling. :P