Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 2:09 pm

I'm similar, not always sure when it is appropriate. I'd consider doing it only for close friends and relationships. I guess because I don't like soft hugs a proper hug is nice. Most people who try to hug me I sort of put a separation between me and the person and pat them on the back so our trunks barely meet. My sister told me not to pat girls on the back because I did it to her. :lol: I don't see a problem with that if otherwise you are going to get close to someone your not going to want to hug properly which could be for reason like you don’t know them or you don’t feel like it. I tend to handshake both boys and girls though I do it less as I get to know them. The worst thing is being kissed with cold lips on cheeks :x

My friend has hugged me twice and I hugged her twice. I hugged her my two birthdays she attended. The first time I would say it was the first hug in a true friendship that I had reciprocated properly. When she hugged me it was before going away for Christmas and also on her birthday in September and strangely it was in exact the same spot in embankment station where the escalator goes down to the circle and district and the way to the northern line escalators branch as were going are separate ways.

I also hugged a friend who'd just got married. It was a sort of joke. I shook the brides and hand and went to shake his and then rushed in pinning his arms down :D

Helek_Aphel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Nov 2007, 3:21 pm

I think appropriate hugging times depends on the person.
Ask the person either beforehand or in-the-moment if s/he is willing to accept hugs.
As for me, I like hugs. However, I strongly dislike when people pat me on the back, shoulder, head, et cetera.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 6:08 pm

Helek_Aphel wrote:
I think appropriate hugging times depends on the person.
Ask the person either beforehand or in-the-moment if s/he is willing to accept hugs.
As for me, I like hugs. However, I strongly dislike when people pat me on the back, shoulder, head, et cetera.

I can appreciate that but I didn't ask them to hug me either :P Though to be honest it is more of a nervous reaction. I'd rather just hold them at a safe distance. Thanks for the tip, I suppose you could put your arms out and say 'hug?'.

moo_cow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Nov 2007, 8:44 pm

I was with a friend and he got a hug, so I asked if I could have one too. I ended up getting about 3 hugs that night. I wasn't so shy to ask. I was a little buzzed from drinking.