Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 10:56 am

Does anyone else feel like they can relate to animals better than other people, in general?

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 10:59 am

Sure.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 11:00 am

Yes,definitely,more than anything,without animals likely would not be at the functioning level am at now.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 11:07 am

yeah...totally...

kittenfluffies
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 11:09 am

Yep. I have 6 cats. They are my children.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 11:25 am

My mother had cats.

My wife and son are very allergic, so no cats. We tried dogs for a while, but I don't really like dogs, and can't train them. Plus, my wife was somewhat allergic to them (though not as bad as to the cats).

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 11:33 am

kittenfluffies wrote:
Yep. I have 6 cats. They are my children.

My dog and snake are like my children too. I don't think I want human children, but I would never want to be without animals.

Belle77
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 11:39 am

Yes, much better. This is something that I wrote previously about why dogs are easier to understand than people:

It's so easy to read their body language that I'm not confused about what they want. I can always tell when my dogs are happy, excited, anxious, scared, etc. I don't have to make conversation with them and they don't judge me if I don't always say the right thing. They don't get offended if I ask them to stop licking because the noise bothers me. Their love for me is unconditional, as is mine for them.

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 11:58 am

yup.

caramateo
Toucan
Toucan

02 Nov 2007, 12:26 pm

Yes indeed.
I speak dog

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 2:08 pm

I like animals, especially those shaggy and hairy ones, like guinea pigs with longer hair or some breeds of cats. I like also lizards and birds. I'd love to have a pet iguana, like Pugsley belonging to Ginger, Sarah Connor's friend in "The Terminator" :D

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 3:04 pm

yea i relate to my animals wayyy more then people.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 3:17 pm

I don't feel like some animals are that judgmental towards me. :P

imok2
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Nov 2007, 3:29 pm

Animals never mind one droning on too long on any subject. They just enjoy the attention.

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

02 Nov 2007, 3:39 pm

Absofreakinglutly! One of my gifts is a natural affinity for animals, any animals, with the notable exception of humans. Like others have mentioned, I consider my cats to be family members and my children, and have done so with all of the creatures who have lived with me throughout my life, from emperor scorpions to ferrets to love birds to tiger oscars, and many others. And also like some have mentioned or hinted at, contact with animals is very meaningful for me, and helps me stay balanced. No animal has ever misjudged me, or misunderstood me; I do not feel alienated from animals, the way I do from many people.

I spent a large part of the summer watching the beautiful violet-green swallows raise chicks in a nook behind my chimney, or watching the garden spiders weave their webs in the evenings, or watching robins hunt for worms on a freshly shorn lawn, or watching green and blue dragonflies dance on the wind. And every time I catch a glimpse of a wily coyote, I get a huge thrill. Watching the wildlife around my cabin is one of my favorite pastimes. I often yearn to be wild and free like they are. And while I am to some extent, my apparent similarity to humans fetters me to their domain.

Good fortune,

- Icarus salutes his fellow animal loving sisters and brothers...

krex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 3:46 pm

Yes.The dogs I work with love me and it feels really good.The only hard part is that I can't always do what they want,which is to get the heck out of their kennels and run free.So my job is both pleasurable and painful.I hate to see them so stressed and nhappy being 'caged'.I try and make it a little better by giving them as much attention as possible but they get jelous of each other and want to be the center of attention...so that is hard to.I think they are like NT's in this way?

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/