How do you make yourself fall asleep?

Page 2 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jimbogf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Nov 2007, 12:42 pm

I bang my head on a wall until I fall into a coma.

crackedpleasures
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 1:00 pm

Unfortunately I sleep little or not at all without Seroquel. I take one 150 mg seroquel just before going to bed, otherwise I have a very bad night with either no sleep or very bad sleep.

(excerpt from The Book of the Law - Aleister Crowley)

"Od lo avda tikvateinu" (excerpt from the Israeli hymn)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 3:19 pm

I count Routemasters.

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 3:21 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I count Routemasters.
lol... :lol:

sarahstilettos
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 5:15 pm

I would really rather have posted this anonymously, but hey...

Just think about sex. I think this is how most people drop off.

Alternatively, I find this album good, it feels like being in the womb.

(Loveless by My Bloody Valentine)

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 8:08 pm

I play Final Fantasy III. It makes me tired. XD

Aridarr
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 8:17 pm

I make the conscious decision that I MUST stay up ALL NIGHT (for whatever reason); moments later I am so tired that I must lie down. I lie down, keeping in my mind that I MUST NOT actually fall asleep, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES... minutes later, out like a light.

Works every time, although I wish it wouldn't. :x

neurodeviant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 8:35 pm

One thing I stumbled upon recently was that if you lay in bed, get into a comfortable position, and stay still, even if you start feeling uncomfortable (which is just a ruse, it's just your body checking to see if your mind is awake). Just view your thoughts passively. You will enter sleep paralysis, and eventually sleep. If you can master this, you may start to enter lucid dreams.

Liquidmatrix
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Nov 2007, 9:02 pm

I've been using the Deep Sleep Brain wave sync hypnosis therapy tapes to fall asleep. Kinda creepy at first, but works like a charm. I've actually managed to have 4 hours of sleep, wake up and feel like i've had more than 9 hours. It's a psuedo science at best, but give it a shot.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Nov 2007, 9:41 pm

I read. I do multiplication tables in my head. I live out fantasies in my head. Last night, I read about something so disturbing that it literally scared the s**t out of me, making it impossible to fall asleep until dawn. So, watch what you read, before bed. I've gone back to a book from childhood, Called "Hans Brinker." Odd but interesting, and easy to put down.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

03 Nov 2007, 10:12 pm

masturbate. im serious ittle make you tired or atleast it makes me sleepy, if that doesnt work calming tea or some all natural melatonin might help/ passion flower in a tablet form also works

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 10:45 pm

Aridarr wrote:
I make the conscious decision that I MUST stay up ALL NIGHT (for whatever reason); moments later I am so tired that I must lie down. I lie down, keeping in my mind that I MUST NOT actually fall asleep, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES... minutes later, out like a light.

Ha, I do that all the time with various things; if I say something that I'm sure of, the next hour or so I'm feeling the opposite. There are a few things that it doesn't extend to (loyalty, commitment, and sleep) which I'm thankful (well, not so much for the last; sleep would be nice).

hartzofspace wrote:
Last night, I read about something so disturbing that it literally scared the sh** out of me, making it impossible to fall asleep until dawn.

That's more or less where my problem is; I can't shut off my (usually overactive, overvivid) imagination. I'll scare myself awake for the entire night; I can sleep in the day because naturally what I fear can't come out then. (Figures what I fear isn't real to begin with, but that's me.)

There are various things I do to sleep... Reading a good book works sometimes (helps if the book is peaceful), sometimes listening to music works sometimes, staying absolutely still (which is near impossible for me) works sometimes. It's really a game of hit and miss. Sleeping the wrong way (ie, head at the base of the bed) used to work, as did flipping the pillow. Lately I've gotten to sleep after several paranoid checks of the rest of the room (yay for flashes of fear), then curling up towards the light, picturing something comforting, and trying not to give into any impulses to check the room again.
Oh, and my mother got me this sleep mist stuff. I can't say it really does anything, but I like the smell.

Three years!

moo_cow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Nov 2007, 3:14 am

Xanax or tylonel pm. Or I go to the movies with my girlfriend. I lose interest really quick with movies and tv.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Nov 2007, 3:56 am

I used to sleep pretty well since I was a teenager, now since summer I have had sleep problems, the issue is that I work the night shift, and overtime on occasion, the end result is that I have no real set time where I fall asleep, couple that with the fact that when I get in the sun is up and during the summer (when it was the worse ever since I was a child) its hot and all I wanna do is get up and do something.

After a while I resorted to getting perscrition medication for sleep, however since it has gotton cooler out I have noticed I sleep much better. I like to wrap my comforter all around me and need it to be cold in order to not sweat to death, i need lots of pressure only a thick wraped blanket can give me, i lie for a bit and think of something calming to me, block out anything else and I know within minutes when I will be asleep.

Latly i have gotton better, and have not taken my medication, in the spring I am going to install an air conditioner so I can make the room 60 degrees and sleep during the summer day with a comforter and still be cold, which is important for me.

loske
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Nov 2007, 7:05 am

I play games by myself. I try to list all the countries or tv shows or suburbs that I can think of in alphabetical order. If I focus my brain on something this simple it eventually gets bored and i sleep.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Nov 2007, 1:49 pm

woodsman25 wrote:
however since it has gotton cooler out I have noticed I sleep much better. I like to wrap my comforter all around me and need it to be cold in order to not sweat to death

Yeah, being cold helps. During the summer, I have to run the A/C no matter how expensive, because I simply cannot sleep if too warm. We've had a drop in temperature here in Florida, and I slept wonderfully the last two nights. Also, I need a folded blanket across my feet, the weight helps, or something.