I Am Starting To Get Pissed Of With NTs Snobbery

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 3:39 am

I am starting to get pissed of with NTs snobbery. I guess it started yesterday when I said that I liked a geek girl work works in the other office. The generally they said what did I see in her. My only answer was you guys just don’t get it.

Though she never really notices me, like her for her lack of NT qualities, like social climbing. She also has a healthy outdoor lifestyle. He travels around the world, and she don’t bad-mind anyone. If I was even to live in her outdoor world, I would like that a lot. It would be better then any East-Enders lifestyle any day.

One thing that I will never get over is the fact that they expect others to be like themselves. Any deviation means being talked about appose to talking about the issue with the person concerned.

Their paradise, where everyone is well groomed well spoken or cool, can never happen because not everyone will be as well groomed well spoken or cool as each other. There will always be someone who better looking, slimmer, or more charming then the next. I don’t really have a problem with NTs feeling superior over others, but their attitude to others that don’t cut the mark are of disrespect and hatred.

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Nov 2007, 3:48 am

I never understood why people can't grasp the beauty is in the eye of the beholder concept. It really is.

xx Dan Monster

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 7:22 am

Kitsy wrote:
I never understood why people can't grasp the beauty is in the eye of the beholder concept. It really is.

Because some people are shallow and every aspect of their life is played out on the merit of what is on the outside, while the inside never gets examined or even acknowledged for that matter. It is what it is until it really gets out of control as in showmanship and daredevil activities that put others at risk.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

07 Nov 2007, 7:50 am

Kitsy wrote:

I talk about this so often to people online...

The strange thing is...I still do not know the answer as to why people can't grasp this concept.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 8:02 am

Brittany2907 wrote:
Kitsy wrote:

I talk about this so often to people online...

The strange thing is...I still do not know the answer as to why people can't grasp this concept.

What do you think to yourself when you see a flailing, aging celebrity? What do you think to yourself when you see kids hip-hopping to a boombox at its loudest volume at 9:00pm in a residential area? What do you think to yourself when you see a homeless man of African descent with a cup in his hands and a sign saying *Help me, I'm homeless*? We relate first through the eyes - there's no getting around that. Many of us go deeper and think *what if's, introducing possibility into the equation...some go deeper and begin to philosophize about the sight, beginning to formulate what is known as the *bigger picture*. If you are able to see the humanity in a given situation and then put yourself in a place of helping and bettering the situation you've moved beyond superficiality. Many cannot or won't - because simply - it's not a priority for them.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 8:21 am

"What do you really see in her?" obviously sounded like "don't you want someone else?" to you.

I can see how that comes across as rude and self-thinking. It's your choice and feelings, not theirs. It's not even their business to begin with.

fivecents
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2007, 9:30 am

That sounds more like insecurity or youth talking. A normal person would be interested and help you along asking her out. Stay away from that jerk!!

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 9:40 am

I don’t have any problems with being superficial; Mother Nature has a reason this behaviour. However, one must have respect and appreciations of those who chooses not to be that way or those who have not achieved x level of status. But the don’t….

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 10:54 am

I've run into the same type of behavior at every job I've had. It's frustrating. I appreciate the fact that other people think differently than I do, but why do they try to convince me to be like them? Or punish me for not thinking like them?

What the people in this story were doing doesn't even sound like it's in their best interest, from any perspective. Do they really want everyone in the office to like the same girl? If you like a girl they don't like, doesn't that mean that you're not competition for them?

Maybe they are acting by instinct instead of thinking about the situation. Maybe they think they're trying to help you because they assume that everyone wants to be like them. What strange, and dellusional behavior.

Angelus-Mortis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Nov 2007, 10:58 am

If everyone liked the same person, I think there would be some competition, and some people feed off of it. I know I don't, and I think it's disgusting to have to force everyone to like the same person just for the sake of a stupid competition. Sure, it might be boring if there was no competition at all, but a load of NTs at work shouldn't have a problem with excluding one Aspie from their little competition, no matter how stupid it might be.

And for anyone who doubts the merits of a geek, read here:
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/66795671.html

Arbitraris id veneficium quod te ludificat. Arbitror id formam quod intellego.

Ignorationi est non medicina.