At what age did you give up trying to attract men/women?

Page 1 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2007, 7:49 pm

I was around 15 years old when I realized it was stupid of my part to try to attract women given that I did not know what to say or do when I attracted women; when I suceeded in attracting women, I ended up being rejected and feeling humiliated. Prior to that, I tried to attract women in my own loser way. I walked like an alpha male, tough guy attitude, stared at attractive women, and paid a lot of attention to my clothes and physical appearance. My personality was incongruent with the type of image I was trying to portray, though. I saw that and decided it'd be wise to give up trying to attract women. I wonder what my life would have been like if I had kept trying.

Last edited by Mw99 on 16 Nov 2007, 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stimshieme
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Nov 2007, 7:55 pm

You're and Aspie. We never give up. We obssess. We'll find someone soon enough.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2007, 8:17 pm

I stopped trying at around 15 too. It's okay though, I don't need romance in my life.

LogicGenerator
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Nov 2007, 8:22 pm

Around 26. I just broke up, I lost my job, life was going to hell fast. When I got a new job, I decided that I was going to focus on work and forget that foolishness. It worked, everything improved.

I dated, but I had very little expectation. I met my wife when I wasn't trying. Go figure. But it took seven years.

If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have bothered trying until after college. Then again, I may still be a virgin.

Last edited by LogicGenerator on 16 Nov 2007, 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2007, 8:25 pm

I never started.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2007, 8:55 pm

I never started making a conscious effort.

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2007, 9:03 pm

Mw99 wrote:
I was around 15 years old when I realized it was stupid of my part to try to attract women given that I did not know what to say or do when I attracted women; when I suceeded in attracting women, I ended up being rejected and feeling humiliated. Prior to that, I tried to attract women in my own loser way. I walked like an alpha male, tough guy attitude, stared at attractive women, and paid a lot of attention to my clothes and physical appearance. My personality was incongruent with the type of image I was trying to portray, though. I saw that and decided it'd be wise to give up trying to attract women. I wonder what my life would have been like if I had kept trying.

I never attempted to attract anyone my own age. I found them immature, annoying and childish. About a decade seems to blunt the effects of that somewhat. In my two long-term relationships, both have been a decade older than me. My husband is. It works. Maybe try a different age group. More mature people tend to have a better understanding and appreciation of Aspies.

otakucore
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Nov 2007, 9:16 pm

I guess I never started. At 15 though I was to busy in my own world to think about girls.

Thats not to say I would not like to have a girlfriend.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2007, 9:20 pm

I don't think that I've ever started.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2007, 9:56 pm

I have never really tried...but um....they end up pouncing on me anyway.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Nov 2007, 10:29 pm

Probably somewhere in my 30's.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2007, 10:44 pm

Stimshieme wrote:
You're and Aspie. We never give up. We obssess. We'll find someone soon enough.

cool! new sig!

Whisperer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Nov 2007, 10:58 pm

At around 22 - I cause had lost all of the false friends I had to go clubbing with and my online experiences were awful. After the breakdown I concentrated on uni work and did a lot of progress and graduated. I wish I had done that from the start; I wasted a lot of time.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2007, 12:07 am

I don't try to attract men for the sake of attracting men... well, I did a bit when I was really depressed, but usually I just either like someone or don't. :)

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2007, 1:26 am

I stopped around age 17 (although, in the spirit of keeping an open mind, I remain watchful for any other opportunities to find a woman, no matter how misguided that may be.)

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Nov 2007, 1:28 am

I have a GF and struggle to keep the relationship working. I tryed attracting women a little bit, but in the end always failed, I have yet to give up at the age of 25. I want a family and if I cant succeed in the end finding a women to be with me for life I may consider adoption.