How many of you stay at home during the weekends?

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Everchanging
Toucan
Toucan

Location: In my ivory tower where I don't have to pretend to care what you think any more.

18 Nov 2007, 7:00 am

It wouldn't be safe to go out at weekends in the area I live.

Macallan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2007, 7:05 am

I usually work at least one day on the weekend. When I'm not working, or doing chores or things with my animals, I stay home.

The thought of going out for lunch or to a pub in the evening makes my blood run cold. It's something I need to force myself to do, though, as I am much less sociable than I was a few years ago because I'm out of practice. It's too easy to say no to rare invitations when they arrive.

That said, last week I accepted an invitation out to lunch with a couple of people. It's a month away yet and I'm already worrying about it, but I will go. That'll be twice this year I've been out for meal :D

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Nov 2007, 9:28 am

Been out in evening about four times in last year.
Apart from the "big shop" saturdays in car to nearest town, and the three classes take son to each week, and maybe one library or bookshop or second-hand clothes stall visit a week, stay in almost all time.
Was depressed about this a couple of years ago. Doesn't worry me much anymore. Not since got online one and a half years ago in fact.
8)

Therese
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Nov 2007, 9:47 am

I do my best to be out a least once a day during the weekdays to get some walking and grocery shopping done, it keeps me level-headed and gives me something to do, at least. Come weekends though... definitely better to stay indoors. There's barely anyone out in the streets on a Saturday morning (which I attribute to the Friday night hangovers), and stores are usually stuffed on Sundays (not to mention that they open way later than I'm used to). Overall, I still stay in more than I go out.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 10:10 am

In general, I stay home on the weekends. I spend my time reading, watching a favorite movie, spending quality time with my pets, writing and am currently working on addressing Christmas cards to the people on my cat site. Occasionally, I will go out to dinner with family and friends or take a walk.

Go_lightly
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Nov 2007, 10:40 am

Mw99 wrote:
that's what I do.

I don't have a lot going on...

Yep. Pretty much. My routines don´t change from weekday/weekend.
Same same.
Haven´t had a regular weekend social life since i was 16-17.
And then we were all drunk anyway. :roll:

quirky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2007, 1:23 pm

I prefer to stay in most of the time - I don't mind school, or going out to dinner/mall/movies with a friend a few times a week. I'd rather just socialize with my family, and chill and watch tv and go online. Now that I'm in college, I come home a lot on weekends so that there's no pressure to socialize, and I can just relax after a week of socialization. On the weekends I wouldn't mind going out with some college friends into Boston for shopping or a show or something of that nature, but they seem to be more focused on frat parties etc, and I just have no interest.

nicky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2007, 3:03 pm

on the weekends.. i stay home a lot.. cept for going to church Saturday mornings and maybe going to school to do animation homework on Sundays... once in a blue moon, my family goes for a walk on the green way Saturday afternoons... and this afternoon, we're gonna go for a drive and take pictures of the fall colors.. just as soon as my mom gets off the phone.. lol.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 3:15 pm

On the weekends I love to stroll and discover new places in the city, and I'm a member of the cinematheque. I love to read, participate in internet forums, shop, listen to my CDs, watch old movies, take care of my plants, read articles on the web. But I have so many house chores to do, plus visiting my parents, that I never have time to do anything I like. I also need to rest in the weekend because I work very long hours during the week.

I'm past the need to go out with people, fortunately. I have a wonderful time alone.

I haven't had anyone to go places with in ages.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 4:20 pm

I don't go out if I don't have to do it. I have nowhere to go on the weekends.

Tempy
Toucan
Toucan

18 Nov 2007, 5:29 pm

I am at home everyday. I seldom go out and when I do I like notice prior, rouitne disruptions without long warning usually end up badly for me.