is eggnog really good or obscenely gross???

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2007, 1:13 pm

I went to the store today and lo and behold...in the ice cream section...EGG NOG flavored ice cream sandwiches.

Scary. Glad I didn't have breakfast before I flew out the door. Ewwww 8O

Cameo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Nov 2007, 6:51 pm

I can't wait for Christmas! This will be my first Christmas with my fiance, and he'll be here on leave so I can finally introduce him to my extended family. (I know I've mentioned him like a million times in other threads now, I'm sorry. Can't help it! :D ) I also love presents, so Christmas is good. And I don't have to work that day, which is always good.

And eggnog, IMHO, is obscenely disgusting. But, to each their own.

Cameo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Nov 2007, 6:53 pm

Sorry for double post, couldn't delete for some reason.

Last edited by Cameo on 19 Nov 2007, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2007, 6:54 pm

I don't think I've ever had it. No, I lie. I had it once. It was disgusting. If you're going to give me something disgusting, at least make it worth my while and sweet enough so I won't bring it back up again.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2007, 6:58 pm

When I tasted it I found it gross and could barely swallow it. :)

Scramjet
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Nov 2007, 7:45 pm

I like eggnogg "plain", with no flavours added to it. The only problem about it is that you need to be certain that the eggs used in it are free from salmonella infection. Otherwise -- see *that's* where eggnogg gets gross, and the race for the loo starts... :lol:

As for chrismas I don't give a flying fart about it -- I just don't fit in to the hustle-and-bustle of a 10+ person family gathering, so I'd much prefer "zombieing" here in front of the computer instead...

RadiantAspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2007, 8:03 pm

Egg Nog is really good. I personally like it with vanilla flavoring.

Religion: A good way to demonstrate our ability to believe things that just aren't so.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2007, 12:58 am

Eggnog is gross.

I'm looking forward to going home and seeing my family for Christmas but I dread Christmas shopping. I like buying stuff for kids but I never know what to get for other adults.

Sapphires
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Nov 2007, 9:05 am

I've never tried eggnog, but I don't like anything with alcohol in it. D:

WhiteRaven
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2007, 1:21 pm

never tried it, don't even know what it is

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

21 Nov 2007, 2:40 am

its discusting. i wont drink it

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2007, 3:29 am

I think eggnog's one of those few things where even if I'm on some kind of steadfast diet its like my own personal crack - I can't say no to it. I have a feeling this year I'll probably be looking around online and either making my own batch of that or brandi Alexanders for our own parties.

So what am I doing Christmas and this New Years? I don't know but I'll speculate. Christmas I'll probably spend the day with my parents and that night - sit on my arse and probably do nothing. New Years - odds are I'll end up drunk at some real glamorous party downtown in the club district where I'm only feeling in my zone because I've had 6 or 7 long islands - then again I we could have that kind of house party as well, that scenareo I tend to like a lot more just because it lasts all night and its in a place where I don't have to worry who's driving as well as a place where I can really chill and talk to people (don't mind loud music but it kinda kills a bit of the bonding experience when its all-encompassing).

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2007, 10:22 pm

I like eggnog, not so long ago I tried the best eggnog ever, it was made in a small town by a group of nuns, delicious!

....And I know a friend's mom who drinks it like water :P

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2007, 11:59 am

Sorry, really ignorant questions here, from a Limey who doesn't know what eggnog is:

a) how do you make it, and b) how exactly does nog taste when mixed with egg? :P

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2007, 12:53 pm

http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/rompope.htm

It's delicious! :)
Think of... hmm.. Bailey's or other creamy drinks

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2007, 4:18 pm

Yeah, think of it like a Brandi Alexander with a bit more cinnamon, nutmeg, and fun stuff like that. You really don't taste the egg so much just because it tends to go more as a thickener and give the stuff a custardy color. BTW, they also have it nonalcoholic in stores, still pretty drinkable, though I think the best way I'd explain that stuff, is it pretty much tastes like a drinkable custard.

So yeah, its tasty but you do feel like your arteries are hardening just looking at it.