Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

equinn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2007, 5:56 pm

I want to view school's test results from OT and Speech before scheduled PPT in December. I'm almost positive I have the right to do this, but is there something I might be missing? An immediate response to this would be humongously appreciated.

thanks,

equinn

ster
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2007, 7:30 pm

as far as i know, you are entitled to see the results once they are written up.....they might stall writing them up if they fear you won't be happy with the results, or if the results aren't terribly clear.

laplantain
Toucan
Toucan

22 Nov 2007, 2:32 am

Not sure what PPt is, but where we are you may request a copy of all the reports before the IEP meeting (same thing?). They do not automatically give it to you.

Corsarzs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Nov 2007, 7:57 am

ask for the results, Ask for The Results, ASK FOR THE RESULTS! If your area is like here you will have to keep on asking before you get what you need. Be a pest.

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2007, 10:11 am

Corsarzs is right. You have to be a pest. A nice but persistent pest. :wink:

The middle school my youngest son goes to told me it was against the school board's policy to show me his results before the IPP meeting. I found it a tad bit strange when I contacted the highschool the older 2 boys go to and was told they would gladly show me. I went back to the middle school, told them I had read the school board policy and knew that I was well within my rights to see the results. I had no problems after that.
When he was tested outside the school system, I simply called the OT and physical therapist and asked them what they were writing in their reports about Kid#3. They told me right away. In Canada we have the "Freedom of Information and Privacy Act" which states that it is your right to access information about you or your dependent children when you request, not when they feel like showing you. I'm fairly certain there is such a thing in the U.S. as well. I don't know about Britain or Australia, but it would be easy to find out.

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2007, 3:51 pm

Ditto, be persistent. You do have a right to see the reports from the evaluations, they're just not real timely about it.

equinn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2007, 9:31 pm

I put the word out. Now, I'll wait a few days and then go to the source--the tester.

I don't quit easily. These results will be part of decision for programming during PPT in Dec.

Thanks for the advice!

equinn