Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Nov 2007, 10:19 am

I see others listing off things I can't stand either that result in headaches or feeling bad.

Bologna and lunch meat. Someone else who I think was very smart showed me what he didn't like about it. He washed off the lunch meat. It appears that it was the preservatives that bothered him. I still don't like bologna though. No ham either. I think it was just after so many years of others making me eat that stuff that now even if it is about washing off those additives, I feel repulsed.

Cheese puffs. Yet another detestable food and cheetos.

Iced Tea. I can tolerate restaurant tea. I can't tolerate lipton powedered tea.

Sodas. Mountain Dew, big no no. Sprite nope. Pepsi, no. Dr. Pepper, yes. Root Beer, no. Coca Cola, that is a 50/50 chance of getting a headache, not as bad as diet drink or any of the other sodas listed.

Hot Cocoa. I wish I could like it. Still results in headaches

Apple cider.

Cranberry Juice.

xx Dan Monster

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Nov 2007, 2:44 pm

Cheetos smell like moldy feet.

steff
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Nov 2007, 3:26 pm

when i was young my mum decided to cut out excessive dairy and E111 out of my diet. my behaviour improved totally and she could always tell through my relapses if i ate something that i shouldt ie. chocolate. i was supposed to go to a special needs school but i ended up going mainstream because of this. im a teenager and i now eat everying i used to avoid. i cant destinguish if dairy has any other affects on me such as fatigue etc, but no one can tell im autistic unless i tell them now

steff

ixochiyo_yohuallan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2007, 3:40 pm

I will normally eat just about anything (though, left to my own devices, I start falling into a specific eating routine of my own which most would probably consider quirky at best), but I am very picky about textures. I can't stand gooey, thick foods. I think I was overfed with thick soups made with minced meat as a child, and with cottage cheese mixed with sour cream until it was a semi-liquid mass, - I was probably force-fed these too often, - and now the very sight of anything like these foods makes me gag, not to mention trying to put a spoonful into my mouth. The taste may actually be great, it just doesn't matter. Especially if the food looks and feels slimy, it is an absolute "no".

Meat jelly was another type of food which I couldn't stand as a child and young teen, and which would make me gag when I tried to eat it. It took some time before I got used to it and started to appreciate its actual taste. Still, even now, I have to sort of close my eyes to its look and texture, and melt each spoonful in my mouth, savoring the bits of meat and broth flavor and telling myself over and over again: "this is good....this is good....this is good...". Basically, I still have to make myself eat it.

Strangely enough, ordinary sweet jelly has always been fine, whatever its texture/look. I also like its brilliant colors and the way light will reflect and play in it. :)

daniel23

22 Nov 2007, 3:58 pm

I have an eating disorder regarding texture of food (i think) i dont like fibrous food i think, but any itregularity with the texture of my food and i.......... well you can guess.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2007, 8:54 pm

I don't like most fruits because the flavour of them is simply too overpowering! It almost hurts my mouth!

Then it's simply dislikes - certain textures, like undercooked mushrooms, too slimy or anything pudding-y - and that includes cooked fruit.

daniel23

22 Nov 2007, 8:58 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I

Quote:
don't like most fruits because the flavour of them is simply too overpowering! It almost hurts my mouth!

Exactly!! !! why does no one see this lol. My sense of smell is the worst i can not bare even slightly unpleasent odours! i go mental! everyday it happens. People laugh thinking its highly amusing, they think im purposely over reacting.

BattleCreekDavid

22 Nov 2007, 9:25 pm

I can't stand marshmallows. They have to be extremely melted in a s'more or in hot chocolate for me. Cereal marshmallows are different, like in Lucky Charms. Those are not real marshmallows. Beef or pork, like in steak, I can only eat if it's lean enough. Too much fat or grease, yuck! All meat I have to have thoroughly cooked. Yams! I can't stand them. Baked sweet potatoes I like, but not yams. Fortunately on this holiday I do like turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce and green bean casserole. Mashed potatoes can't be too thick or too runny. I can deal with instant. Oh, I do like pumpkin pie and most other types of pie. Turkey and chicken are my favorite meats. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2007, 9:35 pm

I ate too much turkey, I feel like barfing.