Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2007, 2:57 am

One of my work mates that I should stop referring to science as a way of understanding things, and start living. I said on what scientific basis did you come to that conclusion. I said, not everyone is the same. I am supposed to be this way. I like analyzing, heaven forbid should I ever be good at it.

I look at The Great War and WWII to realize, the ignorance gene makes people go to war and get themselves killed for the power of evil. Without truth, and science there is only religion and lies.

Stop to smell the roses, instead of analyzing, kiss my arss!! !! !…

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2007, 5:13 am

Translation of what your friend said: "I couldn't think analytically to save my life. Please live the way I think you should, any other way confuses my vague, fuzzy little brain." .

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

monty
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2007, 9:03 am

Being Mr. Spock is not the same as being the life of the party. But that's ok.

Angelus-Mortis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Nov 2007, 11:02 am

But what if science is my life? What if math is the world to me, and I can't help thinking about equations whenever someone mentions something, or about logic when someone says a statement? Am I missing out on something in your lifestyle that you consider to be "living"? Of course I am. Conversely, I think you're missing out on something in my life--the beauty of mathematics. In general, there are no two people who experience the same things, and live the same life. So actually, we're all missing out on something, but that doesn't mean we can't "live" just because we don't live more than one kind of life. We all live differently, and to say that we need to stop doing something in order to "live" is a narrow-minded view. There is no one way we "should" all "live", except the way in which we want to live our lives. It is true that I cannot imagine how people live in ignorance, but maybe they can't understand how we can enjoy, much less live with analyses or other more complex things they don't understand. But just because I cannot understand that does not mean they can't live that way. It is their life, and their choice, and has nothing to do with me. The converse is true; my life and my choices are not things other people need to be concerned with.

Arbitraris id veneficium quod te ludificat. Arbitror id formam quod intellego.

Ignorationi est non medicina.