Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

androidbeing
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Nov 2007, 2:54 pm

At the age of six months, most babies have barely learnt to sit up, let alone crawl, walk or talk.

But, according to new research, they can already assess someone's intentions towards them, deciding who is a likely friend or enemy....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7103804.stm

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Nov 2007, 6:07 pm

I just read the article on CNN, not sure what to think of it, they I guess played a video and 1 toy did a good thing the other toy did a bad and then both toys were avalible after the film and the baby I guess played with the toy that did the good deed. Sounds hard to beleive, but if thr study was done right I suppse the results cant be wrong.

Stevopedia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Nov 2007, 6:33 pm

Perhaps not "can't be wrong", but at least very accurate. (They hammered it into our heads at school that an experiment never proves anything conclusively or entirely; they merely show that a certain occurrence tends to be the case.)

I thought it was really interesting. It makes me wonder how an aspie baby or a baby with HFA or otherwise on the spectrum would act... though, at this age, it's probably impossible to tell whether or not someone is on the spectrum.