Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Macallan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Nov 2007, 2:54 pm

Macallan wrote:

The Brecons are beautiful.

I have family in North Wales and love the scenery around Dolgellau and Machynlleth. You're right about the water. I think the taste is so good because of all the slate.

Quoting myself but what the hell.... I DO know where Machynlleth is. Likewise the Brecons. If you read my quote above I say that the Brecons are beautiful in repsonse to the OP. Then I start a new paragraph to add a little more info about my Welshness, and mention that I love the scenery around Dolgellau and Machynlleth. In the same paragraph I mention the taste of the water, referring to water in the Machynlleth area. If'd I meant the taste of the water in the Brecons I'd have mentioned it in the intial line of my post.

I'm done with this.

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 3:23 pm

Macallan wrote:
Macallan wrote:

The Brecons are beautiful.

I have family in North Wales and love the scenery around Dolgellau and Machynlleth. You're right about the water. I think the taste is so good because of all the slate.

Quoting myself but what the hell.... I DO know where Machynlleth is. Likewise the Brecons. If you read my quote above I say that the Brecons are beautiful in repsonse to the OP. Then I start a new paragraph to add a little more info about my Welshness, and mention that I love the scenery around Dolgellau and Machynlleth. In the same paragraph I mention the taste of the water, referring to water in the Machynlleth area. If'd I meant the taste of the water in the Brecons I'd have mentioned it in the intial line of my post.

I'm done with this.

Okay. But that quote of yours wasn't clear. "You're right about the water" seems to refer to the other poster's statement about the Brecon Beacons, and by following it with the taste comment you seemed to link the two.

But now we're all clear on the geology and geography of Wales, we'll leave that little misunderstanding!

Personally, I've found much of Wales I've visited very pleasant, apart from the industrial areas along the M4, that are crime-ridden dumps -- just like most English cities, with the population having the same generally uncouth demeanour. In contrast to the southern extremities, the denizens of the smaller towns and villages I've visited, some way up the valleys, are often very polite, and will bid good day to anyone who crosses their path. Indeed, in my experience, they'll often go out of their way to be as helpful as possible.

Mindtear
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 3:56 pm

I used to go shooting and various other training over brecon beacons.
I loved the silence there at night, the wind and rain, a very elemental place.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 5:59 pm

Mindtear wrote:
I used to go shooting and various other training over brecon beacons.
I loved the silence there at night, the wind and rain, a very elemental place.

If you've ever shot an animal, i'm not really that interested in what you have to say :evil:

Mindtear
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 7:56 pm

The forces own alot of land over there with ranges of various types.
The cambrian patrol is one of the few events in in the beacons.

Not that i dont find the image of hunting a deer, or something inside a tracked vehicle with a large turrent funny or anything :twisted:

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 8:04 pm

Mindtear wrote:
The forces own alot of land over there with ranges of various types.
The cambrian patrol is one of the few events in in the beacons.

Not that i dont find the image of hunting a deer, or something inside a tracked vehicle with a large turrent funny or anything :twisted:

If you're serious, you are cruel. Why don't you try Bear hunting, it would be a shame if it got the better of you wouldn't it!

Mindtear
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 8:10 pm

I once stepped on a spider without thinking once, i even teased my dog with a caramel digestive. I may have a weird sense of humor but i dont think im cruel.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 8:13 pm

Mindtear wrote:
I once stepped on a spider without thinking once, i even teased my dog with a caramel digestive. I may have a weird sense of humor but i dont think im cruel.

So you don't hunt then? My friend thinks fox hunting shouldn't have been band here, but I don't see how anyone can get pleasure out of torturing an innocent animal.

Mindtear
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 8:19 pm

I dont hunt, i dont disagree with rifle hunting either. There are many places were culling is required.

Fox hunting, isnt something id call hunting though, letting 40 dogs chase down an exhaused Fox isnt sport. Letting the same 40 dogs tear it appart in front of the part-takers then smearing the blood on some childs face under the guise of honour is dispicable.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 8:32 pm

Mindtear wrote:
I dont hunt, i dont disagree with rifle hunting either. There are many places were culling is required.

Fox hunting, isnt something id call hunting though, letting 40 dogs chase down an exhaused Fox isnt sport. Letting the same 40 dogs tear it appart in front of the part-takers then smearing the blood on some childs face under the guise of honour is dispicable.

Ok then :thumleft: