Gamecube 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
nintendo64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
nintendo64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 34

Cyborg
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Aug 2004, 8:22 am

Whats you favorite game type please post.

Asparval
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2004, 3:35 am

Games with lots of logigal puzzles to solve, the ability to play 1st person and good graphics ~ Any of the Myst games ~ Myst, Riven, Exile, Uru etc.

I really enjoy exploring on my own so having my own virtual world to do just that suits me fine.

The live version of Uru (now finished) had lots of players running around in my virtual world which I didn't like at all ~ I am glad it is over.

I have just finished the excellent expansion pack to Uru ~ The Path of the Shell.

synx13
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Aug 2004, 3:52 am

Any game with a good story will suck me right in. I love any kind of story really, and being able to influence the story in a video game is an almost ecstatic experience for me.

My current obsession:
Jak and Daxter <---- VERY cool.

I have enjoyed in the past... console games solely since there's no PC games that have a decent storyline and aren't all dark goth shoot-em-up angry people stories. (Anyone who knows a PC game that matches the styel of some of the games I list below, please let me know!)

Seiken Densetsu II and IV (and III but I haven't played it.)
Final Fantasy 7, the end mostly
Final Fantasy 9
Breath of Fire III, though it went all to pot after the "Nina jumps off the cliff" scene
Robotrek, because clock towers and turning into a mouse is fun!
Chrono Cross, which unlike Chroni Trigger was not cliched and tacky
Secret of Evermore, which was cliched and tacky and /proud/ of it. ^_^
Final Fantasy 4

I should explain this last one. It's a great game, very engaging and heroic, if a bit uhm... how shall I say... *cough*plot hole*cough*. But the true reason I love FF4....

In Final Fantasy 1, I spent several months (yes, months of playing it every weekend) getting to the cave of the Earth fiend. I so despise sleeping elves to this day. At that point, it took a few more months to get to the circle of sages, and this was with the strategy guide. I finally, after countless hours of sweat and toil, forgive me I was naive and did not understand games like this were pure evil, found the Floater.

Yes... the Floater. Ooh the Floater. A floating stone said to be able to summon the legendary Airship piloted by the legendary heroes of eons past. So fighting abominably difficult monsters on my way to the desert where the airship was buried, I finally lifted my torn and bloody hands up to the sky and invoked it in the right place..

Was I disappointed? No! I was floored. Suddenly I was moving at blazing speeds! I had access to the whole world map! No random monsters on the way there! It was the greatest treasure I had ever found, and the key to my success in winning the game. The only airship in the world, a unique artifact, the vessel of ancient heroes and the only of its kind.

So here I am with my nice shiny shrink wrapped Final Fantasy 2. It's actually 4, but they released it in the US as 2. So I unwrap it and pop it into the machine and sit back to watch the opening scene.

A fleet of 5 airships.

I was so stunned I think I wanted to cry, it was so terrible and beautiful. Anyway, so that's why I like FF4, because I played it at the exact right time that it could have the greatest impact on my impressible little psyche. And gosh... waking up the ancients on the moon, what bizarre imagination dreamed up great plots like that?

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2004, 3:22 pm

COMPUTER-- I like games that are addictive. Ones like Inspector Parker and Avalanche. I also download free trials of games sometimes, but the only game I own that I tried out beforehand is Feeding Frenzy (although I tried out more games than that). Anybody else check them out?

VIDEO-- I took a break from video games, but I have been known for my past obsession of Mario games, which recently ended.

:!: Mich :?:

18 Sep 2004, 7:29 pm

Asparval wrote:
Games with lots of logigal puzzles to solve, the ability to play 1st person and good graphics ~ Any of the Myst games ~ Myst, Riven, Exile, Uru etc.

I really enjoy exploring on my own so having my own virtual world to do just that suits me fine.

The live version of Uru (now finished) had lots of players running around in my virtual world which I didn't like at all ~ I am glad it is over.

I have just finished the excellent expansion pack to Uru ~ The Path of the Shell.

I looooove King's Quest I especially like the first, second, and fifth one. They all have King Graham in it. You have to check it out! Have you ever heard of it! It is an RPG strategy type with great music believe me!

Rakkety
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Oct 2004, 9:46 am

I said gameboy advance, but they really should've said game system. My fave game type is actually any good RPG.

Altu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2005, 1:32 am

GBARPGR.

Rakkety_Tamm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2005, 12:03 pm

none of the above.
it's a tie between Magic the Gathering and Bike Jousting

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2005, 6:52 am

my favorite game is loose tabletop RPing with friends.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2005, 1:14 pm

Play station 2 was suspiciously absent....

pizzaboss
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2005, 4:12 pm

I like Gamecube Games