Asperger's and pharmaceutical tolerance

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Carbonhalo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Dec 2007, 11:53 pm

Nice to meet you everyone.

An interesting array of responses so far.

I omitted the two recreational drugs that actually work on me.
Cocaine does little when inhaled or ingested, but intravenously it is so wonderful it scared the crap out of me.
Rocket straight past normality to godhood, but only for a short time. Luckily its almost impossible to find here.
That experience has made me decide never to try PCP.

The other is cannabis, which i have adopted as my habitual poison for a number of reasons.
when stoned...
A/. I don't care if i'm different
B/. I find it easy to be around and interact with stoned people.
C/. It unlocks my focus from a single target... no more echo traps or semantic cavitation

of course, there are myriad down sides too.

KIDS... SAY NO TO DRUGS...they're too expensive

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2007, 12:54 am

Drugs, whether they be pharmoceuticals or illegal, have never worked on me. Well, i lie. Pot just makes me ret*d.

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 3:19 am

For some reason when I used Valium (diazepam), I needed at least 20 mg to experience a therapeutic effect of anxiolysis, as opposed to many other NTs who get effects at 5 - 10 mg on their first dose.

It was strange, and for a while I hypothesized that I may have innately reduced GABA activity, hence the higher dose required to achieve the same effect.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 4:41 am

I was given 10mg diazepam in A&E once and I had a dramatic paradoxical reaction: I flew into a rage and had to be restrained :/

I was given morphine after an operation and that, as opposed to making me sleepy (as well as its painkilling effects), I was awake for three days straight and on a constant high. It was horrible.

I cannot tolerate injected adrenaline (like at the dentist when they put adrenaline in the anaesthetic to prevent te anaesthetic spreading systemically) as it, opposed to making my blood pressure higher, it makes me have a severe hypotensive episode. But I think this one is related to my antipsychotic usage.