Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

use_your_words
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Dec 2007, 8:39 pm

Hi, everyone. I debated with myself for a while about joining WP, because I wasn’t sure how weird it would be…I don’t have AS, and I’m not close to anyone who does. The only person I know with AS is an acquaintance I met this year at school. However, I’ve been very interested in it since this summer, and I’ve been visiting WP for a while. Finally I decided that it would be less weird for me to actually join then just keep visiting all the time, since it’s gotten to the point where I’m familiar with many of the people I see posting…so…hello! I really would like to learn more about Asperger’s in general…plus I just like the people here. :D

alei
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Dec 2007, 8:41 pm

A little more understanding in the world is never a bad thing. Welcome to the party, you sound like my kind of person, open minded and willing to learn.

:nemo:

My artistic side: aleigirl.deviantart.com

My ramblings and insights on being an adult with Asperger's: http://alei-cat.blogspot.com/

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2007, 8:46 pm

Nice to meet you, use_your_words. :)

Like your screen name, its original.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2007, 8:54 pm

Welcome to WP!

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2007, 9:10 pm

That's called lurking, which is better than jumping in and constantly asking questions about things and getting into fights.

Which brings me to the question of why you're so hesistant to sign up since there's already NTs on here anyway and some of the Aspies here were no doubt just as conflicted about signing in as you are.

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

SleepyDragon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2007, 10:28 pm

Hi back, use_your_words, and welcome here! :) What are you studying at school? Are you in high school or post-secondary?

use_your_words
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Dec 2007, 10:56 pm

I'm still in high school, although I'll be off to college next year.

And don't worry, I promise not to constantly ask questions or start any fights. :) I was just hesitant because most NTs here seem to have a more substantial personal connection to AS.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

ljjones
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Dec 2007, 11:30 pm

hi, my name is Liz! i am new here as well and do not have AS. i am researching aspergers for a class i am taking right now and if anyone is willing i would really like to hear about your experiences. i wasn't really sure if this was an appropriate place to post this but if anyone is interested in talking with me please let me know. i will be checking back here or you can email me at [email protected] or my aim is tddygram14. hope to hear from you!! :)

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

10 Dec 2007, 11:38 pm

Hey there! I like your username. It reminds me of what we always used to say to the kids in preschool when they would whine or cry instead of talking. "Use your words..."

Maybe you're not so neurotypical as you thought, since we interest you. ^_~

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2007, 2:23 am

"And don't worry, I promise not to constantly ask questions or start any fights."

You better not, since with all that lurking under your belt you've no doubt had quite enough time to discover my only weakness...

Kryptonite! :eew:

That and women. :P

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2007, 2:41 am

Welcome,

Ask away. Most of us like a different point of view, and then there is what we see the same.

In the NT world we do not get to ask, so you doing it here will be a great help.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

11 Dec 2007, 5:37 am

Hello use_your_words,

Welcome to WP :!:

It's good to see that more NT's are willing to learn about ASD's. I'm sure from being here, you'll learn more than from reading journals and articles written by doctors.

You will get to know more about your aquaintance and why she/he does the things that they may do [or may not do].

Don't feel weird about joining...there are LOTS of NT's here, and some who don't have relatives with AS, but may have friends or people that they know who do. This is not like an club in which you have to know the password to join :lol:

Anyway, I hope you enjoy posting here.