Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Does how much a guy likes you effect how much you like him?
Yes 69%  69%  [ 18 ]
No 31%  31%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 26

JWRed
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 30 Nov 2007
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 301
Location: Malibu, California

11 Dec 2007, 1:12 pm

I believe I already know the answer to this question, but I want confirmation.

Does how much another guy likes you effect in any way whatsoever if you like him?


For example, lets say you like 2 different guys. You have dated them both and want to start a relationship with one of them, but not sure which. You weigh the pros and cons of both. If one guy likes you at an 90 on a scale of 1 to 100 and the other guy likes you at an 60, does that factor in any way with who you choose to start a realtionship with?



MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Jul 2006
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,918
Location: Tallahassee, FL

11 Dec 2007, 1:21 pm

Well, I can't speak for the ladies, how much a woman likes me definitely has a positive effect on my feelings toward her. In fact, I've never really been interested in (actually) having sex with a woman who is not interested in having sex with me. Her interest is one of my biggest turn-ons. :D


_________________
"The cordial quality of pear or plum
Rises as gladly in the single tree
As in the whole orchards resonant with bees."
- Emerson


Last edited by MrMark on 11 Dec 2007, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adrie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 12 Sep 2007
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 464
Location: California/England

11 Dec 2007, 1:53 pm

That depends. LOL. If I like them equally, of course I would choose the one who likes me more. But if I already have a preference, then sorry, I'm stubborn and I'll go with the one I like over the one who likes me more. But I'm not speaking from experience...I wish I were, haha...

How much he likes me would definitely go on the pro list. :)



Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Age: 53
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,013
Location: Pa.

11 Dec 2007, 2:45 pm

I'll pick the one who is least likely to make me insane in 4 years...of course I run the risk that no matter what choice I make... "I" will end up making "him" insane 4 years down the road anyways... :lol:


_________________
*Normal* is just a setting on the dryer.


Immured
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 158

11 Dec 2007, 3:31 pm

Of course it does.
If they like me, then they will try to do more to cause me to like them.



Firgs
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 30 Nov 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 89

11 Dec 2007, 3:31 pm

JWRed wrote:
For example, lets say you like 2 different guys. You have dated them both and want to start a relationship with one of them, but not sure which. You weigh the pros and cons of both. If one guy likes you at an 90 on a scale of 1 to 100 and the other guy likes you at an 60, does that factor in any way with who you choose to start a realtionship with?


Based on this paragraph and this only, the answer is yes (for me). But in actual life, I think the answer is "It Depends"....



Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2006
Age: 38
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,597
Location: In the recesses of my mind

11 Dec 2007, 3:39 pm

Beenthere wrote:
I'll pick the one who is least likely to make me insane in 4 years...of course I run the risk that no matter what choice I make... "I" will end up making "him" insane 4 years down the road anyways... :lol:


i loled


_________________
Neuroscience PhD student

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl


gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2007
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,443

11 Dec 2007, 3:46 pm

Adrie wrote:
That depends. LOL. If I like them equally, of course I would choose the one who likes me more. But if I already have a preference, then sorry, I'm stubborn and I'll go with the one I like over the one who likes me more.


Ditto to that.


_________________
The machine does not isolate man from the great problems of nature but plunges him more deeply into them. -Antoine de Saint Exupéry


LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Mar 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,464

11 Dec 2007, 3:54 pm

Quote:
Does how much a guy likes you effect how much you like him?


Only if she likes him back , if she doesn't like him in the first place nothing will make her to like him even if he sacrifices his own life for life. There's few exceptions for the rules tho ...for example making a sudden big wealth or fame or success would change a lot of things.



gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2007
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,443

11 Dec 2007, 4:01 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
Quote:
Does how much a guy likes you effect how much you like him?


Only if she likes him back , if she doesn't like him in the first place nothing will make her to like him even if he sacrifices his own life for life. There's few exceptions for the rules tho ...for example making a sudden big wealth or fame or success would change a lot of things.


Making any large change that she finds attractive would suffice. Once, for me, it was as simple as the guy ceasing to obsess over me and displaying an edgier sense of humor.


_________________
The machine does not isolate man from the great problems of nature but plunges him more deeply into them. -Antoine de Saint Exupéry


Firgs
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 30 Nov 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 89

11 Dec 2007, 4:09 pm

Quote:
...for example making a sudden big wealth or fame or success would change a lot of things.


This would only be true if the woman was superficial and a woman like that is not worth your time to begin with.
Money does not equate love.



EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Sep 2007
Age: 41
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,671

11 Dec 2007, 4:58 pm

Firgs wrote:
Quote:
...for example making a sudden big wealth or fame or success would change a lot of things.


This would only be true if the woman was superficial and a woman like that is not worth your time to begin with.
Money does not equate love.


I agree. I don't care about money, as long as the guy can support himself and isn't constantly asking me for money (been there, done that). I don't care about fame or "success" either.

Of course I care how much a guy likes me. I wouldn't want to be with anyone who didn't like me or was indifferent to me. If a guy obviously didn't like me but wanted to be my boyfriend anyway, I would question his motives.



LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Mar 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,464

11 Dec 2007, 5:27 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
Quote:
Does how much a guy likes you effect how much you like him?


Only if she likes him back , if she doesn't like him in the first place nothing will make her to like him even if he sacrifices his own life for life. There's few exceptions for the rules tho ...for example making a sudden big wealth or fame or success would change a lot of things.


Making any large change that she finds attractive would suffice. Once, for me, it was as simple as the guy ceasing to obsess over me and displaying an edgier sense of humor.


I was 200% sure that you would quote that exact part of my post :lol:



sarahstilettos
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Sep 2007
Age: 34
Gender: Female
Posts: 847

11 Dec 2007, 5:28 pm

JWRed wrote:
I believe I already know the answer to this question, but I want confirmation.

Does how much another guy likes you effect in any way whatsoever if you like him?


For example, lets say you like 2 different guys. You have dated them both and want to start a relationship with one of them, but not sure which. You weigh the pros and cons of both. If one guy likes you at an 90 on a scale of 1 to 100 and the other guy likes you at an 60, does that factor in any way with who you choose to start a realtionship with?


Umm, rare that this would be the only criteria on which I'd evaluate them? I'd most likely chose on the basis of which I most enjoyed being with. But then, that *could* be affected by how into me they were - but more importantly how they went about expressing it. The first guy could either be charming and respectful, because he believed that was how I deserved to be treated, or he could cling to me, stop me seeing my friends, and try to bully me into taking things too fast before I was ready, and claim that its only because he loves me so much if I question it.

If he's the former, then great, I'd go for him.



Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Mar 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,652
Location: United States

11 Dec 2007, 5:53 pm

I'm a guy, but this is very true for me: if a girl likes me, I start liking her almost automatically. I'm not a good-looking guy, so when a girl shows interest, I feel thankful someone likes me. So I start dating her. Of course, anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks later, reality sets in, and I realize that she and I aren't compatible. If the differences aren't strong, I suck it up, and date her anyway. After all, with my bad looks, I can't afford to be picky with the people I date. But if the compatibility is extremely low, or the girl has character traits I know I can't deal with, I politely break up with her, before she has a chance to become too attached.