Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

crazyllama
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Dec 2007, 7:26 am

I am interested in becoming a postal worker. Can anyone here give me some insight into the job and tell me whether or not it might be good or not good for someone with Asperger's ?

alex
Developer
Developer

20 Dec 2007, 10:25 am

i'd imagine it'd be a good job for an aspie (and anyone else for that matter). The pay is good, the pension is great, and you don't even have to work full time to get the benefits. Plus, you may be able to spend all your time driving around delivering mail and not interacting with people (if that's what you want).

Personal FB: http://fb.me/alexplank1

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2007, 10:39 am

crazyllama wrote:
I am interested in becoming a postal worker. Can anyone here give me some insight into the job and tell me whether or not it might be good or not good for someone with Asperger's ?

Make sure you applying directly with the US Postal and no where else. There is a such thing as a test that you have to pass for the job.

Scammer will pretend to be a US Postal only to run off the paid "fee".

Other than that, I think you be good at handling mails. It like walking down the street and you delivering mails. You don't have to talk to people and you got no one to look over your shoulder. Just make sure you do your job and that about it.

In the facility is kind of like UPS except you are dealing with light wieghted mails. In few or often ocassion, you be dealing with heavier wieghted package.

Eire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2007, 1:07 pm

Both of my parents work for the USPS, not delivering mail but in the postal plant. They are NT, but it is a terrible job for anyone. There is a large amount of social games, hierarchy and favoritism going on in these places. My Dad is outspoken and stands up for himself so his supervisor is trying to get him moved. My Mom is the opposite and everyone walks all over her. Where you live the post office might be a better place to work but I doubt it. Ever heard the term "going postal"? If you're not good at playing social games, the post office is a bad idea.