Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 6:25 pm

Hi sweetcupcake. I'm sure there's quite a few AS guys here in your age group who live in the UK. Have you tried finding a boyfriend locally?

Topher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Dec 2007, 8:40 pm

Im 18, male and I live in the UK. I've dropped you a PM sweetcupcake. :) Hopefully what i wrote was not too creepy.

edal
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2007, 5:01 pm

"any decent guys out there?"

Casting all modesty aside, yes, me. I am however three times your age and I'm spoken for.

Decent guys ARE out there but you will need to look hard because they are hard to find, I know this because when I was your age I was available but I didn't have the faintest idea what to do about it. The decent dating sites and organisations are only available to those over eighteen so for now it might be an idea to forget about this option. Try some of the following:

School
Local youth organizations
Church?

I'm way out of my depth here so can someone a lot younger than me with some local knowledge help this young lady out?

Ed Almos

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2007, 5:05 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
It's a sign of desperation

Hmmm, well, some people might say that recurring to prejudice could be seen as a sign of desperation.

sort30030
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Dec 2007, 6:28 pm

I don't you should trust anyone from any dating sites without meeting them.

It's also not healthy to be desperate for a guy so you might want to find other interests.

By the way, I think I'm decent and only four years older than you. But we're not on the same continent and a relationship is not a priority for me right now.

SapphoWoman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Dec 2007, 6:32 pm

Something I wish someone had told me when I was 16: Boys your age have high levels of HORMONES which make their desire for sex very high. In general, most boys in their teens only do want sex from a girl. Just keep that in mind.

I am not trying to belittle the male gender; I am only basing it on biology/hormones!

Topher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Dec 2007, 8:21 pm

Meh. I had hoped I could have had a long term relationship with her. but she got asked out by another guy on a dating site 3 days after I met her :( i was too afraid to ask her out :( she only lives in Swansea. I live in Bristol :( She said yes to this guy.

I seem to repeat this is anyone I like. Im too shy and I lack the confidence to ask someone out. Im too afraid of getting hurt as it keeps happening :( Then they find someone else. I just always fele they will say no and I don't have any belief in me

sweetcupcake
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Dec 2007, 6:25 am

Sorry :cry:

Topher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Dec 2007, 2:17 pm

i messed up, like i always do. I guess 3 weeks of cursing and complaining in private to myself might help. It took me 2 months to sort myself after the last person i liked dumped me for someone else. Perhaps saying "I am useless" 100 times may return me to the staus quo

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2007, 8:15 am

There are decent guys on here. (I'm 12 years older than you, so I'm out).

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

dragonboy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2007, 3:58 pm

im nice, apparently, 16 and from the UK.

sweetcupcake wrote:
It seems all the guys on dating sites are just looking for sex. :roll:

theres a good reason for that, if they werent desperate for it they wouldnt be on a dating website.

TrueDave
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2007, 11:54 pm

Topher wrote:
Meh. I had hoped I could have had a long term relationship with her. but she got asked out by another guy on a dating site 3 days after I met her :( i was too afraid to ask her out :( she only lives in Swansea. I live in Bristol :( She said yes to this guy.

I seem to repeat this is anyone I like. Im too shy and I lack the confidence to ask someone out. Im too afraid of getting hurt as it keeps happening :( Then they find someone else. I just always fele they will say no and I don't have any belief in me

Thats It! I was a shrimp in school but now Im a big boy. You want the woman? TAKE THE WOMAN. Make Kung Fu a special intrest for a few weeks.

Seriously. All the alfamale posing and other crap now that Im six foot and weigh 200 lbs why cant I just knock someone out if they start playing social games with me? :lol: I for one would rather nurse a busted nose at the end of the night rather than obsess over how I might have siad things better etc etc. . .

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2007, 1:26 pm

greenblue wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
It's a sign of desperation

Hmmm, well, some people might say that recurring to prejudice could be seen as a sign of desperation.

Hmmm, well, even if you are right, does that make 'seeking love in a forum's thread' as no-desperate attempt?

TrueDave
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2007, 7:30 pm

Hey, if it wasn't for desperate women some of would have never gotten dates.

Besides thats a double standard we AS men can't afford. We need women to be more aggressive. If I did a post saying the same thing it wouldn't be seen as out of the ordinary.

Of course I don't automatically expect women to hit on me (even if they want to ) when I walk out my door. And before we go wishing that were so, be careful. We would be in the same boat that women are in.

As the saying goes " you gotta kiss a lot of frogs before you find Prince Charming."

Topher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Dec 2007, 8:03 pm

TrueDave wrote:
Hey, if it wasn't for desperate women some of would have never gotten dates.

Besides thats a double standard we AS men can't afford. We need women to be more aggressive. If I did a post saying the same thing it wouldn't be seen as out of the ordinary.

Of course I don't automatically expect women to hit on me (even if they want to ) when I walk out my door. And before we go wishing that were so, be careful. We would be in the same boat that women are in.

As the saying goes " you gotta kiss a lot of frogs before you find Prince Charming."

I don't kiss enough frogs for starters :( :cry:

Space
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2007, 8:15 pm

sweetcupcake wrote:
Not looking for just sex. Im 16, from UK.
It seems all the guys on dating sites are just looking for sex. :roll:

I would suggest staying away from dating sites until you are at least 18 and want to have sex, unless you go to a Christian one. Most guys on internet sites don't really care about love, they just want sex. Women don't seem to realize this though.