Page 3073 of 4179 [ 66853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3070, 3071, 3072, 3073, 3074, 3075, 3076 ... 4179  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 6:13 am

The kind that Mr. Bean drives.

What car would you like to own?

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 7:02 am

EzraS wrote:
The kind that Mr. Bean drives.

What car would you like to own?

The Waymo/Google self-driving kind.

How many multiples of you do you think it take to everything you would like to do in a month?.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 10:36 am

Basically, a googolplex to carry out all diplomatic and non-diplomatic tasks

Do you think science will actually clone human being at some point in the far future?

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 11:41 am

Hmmm I dont know. Its a matter of ethics really. We already have the available technology to do it, or at least partially do it (like transgenic cloning in animals). Butt...it really depends on how far we're willing to push that boundary. I, personally, do not think cloning is in anyway a good idea. I think even some ideas for CRISPR are taking it too far really. Let things happen the natural way imo. There's no such thing as a perfect human. We're not gods, and we shouldnt be playing like we are.

Do you think WrongPlanet has actually impacted you or your life in any way?

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 12:13 pm

Yes, WP has positively impacted my life. I've been one individual all of my life and I never dreamed that I would actually connect with people that have felt, thought and experienced the same things that I have-- things that NT people simply have not or do not experience in the same way.

Same q

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 12:22 pm

Yes, yes it has helped me in a number of beneficial ways..

Do you sometimes over plan things?

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 12:28 pm

No. Other people don't plan things as much as they should. :D

Same q

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 12:53 pm

Definitely not. Other way around actually, I underplan things lol

Do you enjoy doing art? (drawing, painting, sculpture, woodwork, etc etc)

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 1:04 pm

I tend to sometimes over strategize one could say.

Do you think there will be greater occupational opportunities over time for autistic persons?

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 1:44 pm

Yes.

Companies will continue to see benefits and perhaps alter training as needed.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 1:48 pm

For Autists who are computer literate, I think there will be a greater possibility for employment in the future for several reasons:

1) Working from home is becoming far more common and across a wide range of industry. There is less of a need for the traditional commute, 9/5 job, interaction with coworkers and/or customers than their used to be.

2) Society in general, especially younger people are becoming far less skillful at face to face communication than several generations ago. The desire for face to face communication, as a result, has plummeted and has in my opinion, developed into a fear. Where the public expected face to face communication in commerce in the past, they now avoid it or find it unnecessary.

Bottom line: verbal communication skills and face to face interpersonal relations are becoming less important than they were. That can be a benefit for a person that finds those things overly challenging. Clearly not all Autists have issues with these types of communication, but many do.

Do you have a favorite restaurant? If so, what type of food do they serve and what's your favorite dish there?

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 2:38 pm

I guess my favorite restaurant would be Ichiban. Its one of those Hibachi places where the make the food in front of you. I always get Hibachi chicken with as much fried rice covered in yumyum sauce as possible.
I also really like The Local Woodfire Grill (gosh this place is delicious- and very healthy too!) and Peach and the Porkshop (best sandwiches in town!).
Also, in Atlanta St. Cecelia is really good. Kind of like European seafood/pasta. Its super tasty and we always get dessert and my brother orders me wine. :heart:

Same q

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2018, 5:24 pm

No favorite restaurant

Going alone, $$, loud, crowded

When I realized I was"different" about age 11

Favorite time of day:. Energy levels higher in the morning

:mrgreen:

What kind of car crashes have you been in?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2018, 12:32 am

Favourite restaurant: A Thai place I used to go to with my friend Dee. It changed hands several times and eventually closed because of a fire :( I can't even remember the name of the restaurant because it was a small, family-owned establishment and not a chain. The tom kha gai coconut soup was to die for.

Time of day: Midnight to dawn.

Realised I was different: Honestly, I didn't realise I had any sort of developmental difference until about 2016. Prior to that I just assumed I was lonely and shy (and later, also PTSD). I blamed myself for being aloof rather than understanding or questioning why. I was so absorbed in the details of my personality I didn't see the big picture or connect the dots toward autism. When I was diagnosed ASD2 this year I was furious that no one had identified me sooner. I'm not upset any more, though.

Car crashes: I hit a dog catcher truck in California (poorly marked intersection). I went into shock because I was worried about the dogs.

same q

feeli0
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2018, 2:51 am

Hi Isabella - looks like I missed you again :(

Car crash - a minor nose to tail on the motorway with me sandwiched in the middle. I was fine but the car was written off, chassis twisted. I was charged with failing to stop, and went into full on nerd mode with diagrams and a minute by minute detailed description of the event showing it was not my fault. Hilarious really. The diagrams were full colour created by me in a drawing programme. Anyway the court appearance came and I had made 4 copies (I didn't hire a lawyer couldn't afford one) and distributed them to the various officials and policeperson charging officer. Ha ha! He came up to me in the recess and said he had never lost a case and did not intend to now, and was withdrawing the charge. I was hyped though. Bit of a let down not to do my amateur lawyer bit...

AQ 40
ASD-1

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2018, 7:28 am

A person hit me on the front driver's side near my light at 60 miles an hour.
He had his brights on and was driving on my side of the road.
I spun and somehow managed to perfectly be aligned in the right shoulder lane.
He kept going then tried to run from police on foot.
He got 10 charges against him.
My car got totalled.
I got like 7,000 dollars.
And, a shoulder that may have a messed up tendon or muscle.

Do you like or hate video games?