Page 3000 of 4179 [ 66853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2997, 2998, 2999, 3000, 3001, 3002, 3003 ... 4179  Next

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 3:38 pm

Single-handedly preparing Thanksgiving Dinner for myself and up to 12 other people. It's a special interest of mine and I go overboard in the level of detail and preparation of the food.

Same q

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 3:43 pm

Seeing scary Halloween decorations.

Same q

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 3:50 pm

Reading Wuthering Heights (yes, you can bonk me on the head with a book). :roll:
Otherwise it used to be horseback riding, but I haven't done that in a few years.

same q

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 4:44 pm

Caltopia

:mrgreen:

What was the largest miscommunication that you have been involved in?

feeli0
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 10:51 pm

Its not fall here but theres a new question so I will answer that.

I have had many many many miscommunications, my most searingly embarrassing one was at about 8 or 9. The kids at school had what appeared to be a funny joke. I didnt understand it but laughed along (as you do). They would ask the question “whats the short name for Phillip?” And on the reply “Phil” (or phonetically ‘feel’ as I later understood) they would say “ok” and make a grab for the genital area. Of course I didn’t even understand that was taboo, it all went completely over my head. No harm done yet... until the crossest lady teacher came along and demanded to know what was so funny. I think someone had told on us. All the other kids seemed to melt into the background so I was the only one left to give the explanation. So naively I did the ‘joke’ on her. What happened next was both surprising and humiliating as she screeched what a filthy filthy child I was and I was dragged off to the headmaster and punishment. I don’t know when I figured out what the problem was with what I had done, but when I did I burned with shame.

AQ 40
ASD-1

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 11:00 pm

feeli0 wrote:
Its not fall here but theres a new question so I will answer that.

I have had many many many miscommunications, my most searingly embarrassing one was at about 8 or 9. The kids at school had what appeared to be a funny joke. I didnt understand it but laughed along (as you do). They would ask the question “whats the short name for Phillip?” And on the reply “Phil” (or phonetically ‘feel’ as I later understood) they would say “ok” and make a grab for the genital area. Of course I didn’t even understand that was taboo, it all went completely over my head. No harm done yet... until the crossest lady teacher came along and demanded to know what was so funny. I think someone had told on us. All the other kids seemed to melt into the background so I was the only one left to give the explanation. So naively I did the ‘joke’ on her. What happened next was both surprising and humiliating as she screeched what a filthy filthy child I was and I was dragged off to the headmaster and punishment. I don’t know when I figured out what the problem was with what I had done, but when I did I burned with shame.

oh my word that's awful

feeli0
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 11:06 pm

^^ Thats the first time I have ever shared that story - because i don't feel ashamed any more. I see it as just an example of what hell school was for me - never quite knowing what was going on. Now I understand the Autism Spectrum better and what was happening with me - it seems to heal that wound. That might sound crazy, but this is whats been going on with me the past couple of months. I'll tell a funny one in my next post.

AQ 40
ASD-1

feeli0
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 11:14 pm

OK here's a funny one. I was on a night out with some rowdy friends in my punk days and we went to a pub that was quite full. There was some space at a large booth were 3 strangers were sitting so we asked if we could share. the 3 strangers were a little nervous at being surrounded by 5 oddly dressed punk rockers and wanted to try and break the ice. One said, what I heard as "Who's your favourite Real Estate Agent?" Although a bit odd I didn't think that a strange question - and I wracked my brains for any real estate agents that I actually knew, Not taking any notice of how my friends were answering because I was deep in the filing cabinets of my mind to even think of a real estate agent. Suddenly I remembered a friend of my mothers so I blurted out 'Mark Hornblow!' - to very very blank stares. It transpired when I was finally paying attention that they had said "Who's your favourite RADIO STATION?" Much more relevant to a pub with bands playing.

Same Question

AQ 40
ASD-1

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 11:20 pm

:P That's cute, and cheered me up from your first story!

Isabella is at a pub with a DJ. There is going to be a contest so he asks her to throw something into the air.

He asks, "Is there a certain number you want me to use?"

Isabella is dumfounded.

He's a DJ so she thinks "number" means "song".

She can't think of a good-throw-something-into-the-air song, so she asks "I don't know. Could you give me an example of a number?"

He stares at her blankly and suggests, "Three?" :roll:

(For those of you as literal as I am, he just wanted me to pick a number that he could count to before I threw).

feeli0
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 11:23 pm

OMG I am literally gasping for breath that is so funny! I so relate!! !! !

AQ 40
ASD-1

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 9:29 am

You'll have to forgive me but both feeli0 and IsabellaLinton have similar looking avatars, which is not a problem, just happened to noticed it that's all, carry one :) :) :)

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 9:41 am

As for miscommunications, there are too many to name. I have been embarrassed and frustrated because of them.

Same q.

Isabella,

I haven't read Wuthering Heights, but my tennis instructor and I have talked about it quite a bit. I have been meaning to read it.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 9:44 am

IstominFan wrote:
As for miscommunications, there are too many to name. I have been embarrassed and frustrated because of them.

Same q.

Isabella,

I haven't read Wuthering Heights, but my tennis instructor and I have talked about it quite a bit. I have been meaning to read it.

I hope you'd like it! It's not a very long book and it has short chapters. You're welcome to catch up if you'd like to read along with us! Just let me know or post in our thread! :heart:

Question: What's the most needed thing on your shopping list today?

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 10:03 am

lawn & leaf bags..

Do you try to find things worthwhile?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 11:35 am

Yes.

When you were in school, what was the hardest foreign language you had to learn?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 11:56 am

Foreign languages in school were easy for me to learn

Japanese was harder than french

Japanese sentence structure (relationals) are difficult to pick up

French is similar to English

Japanese is similar to Chinese

:mrgreen:

If someone asked you , not at a job interview , what your ten biggest accomplishments were, what's the answer?