Page 2998 of 4179 [ 66853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2995, 2996, 2997, 2998, 2999, 3000, 3001 ... 4179  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 5:16 pm

I haven't done too badly on job interviews.

But for a college interview, I kept on looking at the art, and did not attend to the questions asked.

Same question.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 5:44 pm

I haven't been interviewed by any potential employers as of recent, so I don't know.

Same question.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 6:33 pm

My story about a job interview would go on for pages. It was laughable because I couldn't interpret the questions at all and just rambled in haphazard directions covering every possible interpretation. I told them I got a yellow bookmark from my teacher when I was ten, for nice penmanship. It was that bad :) (I don't do well at all in verbal communication!)

same q and yes Magna, I'm a Muppet-aholic.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 7:22 pm

My interview for the position I held for 19 years ended with me saying -

I will grow on you.
There were over 10 people in the room,
many of which scared me. 8)

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 7:26 pm

Do you watch news channels?
They drive me batty. ( I do like the Batman)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 7:44 pm

I don't watch the news at all.

Do you constantly have to explain things to people, and/or constantly explain your jokes?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 8:29 pm

Oh no, hardly at all. I've discovered a really good way to prevent that kind of misunderstanding; I just stare at the floor and never open my mouth most of the time! But when I do speak, usually once every few sentences.

How often do you laugh just because everyone else is laughing, while desperately hoping that no-one will work out that you had no idea what they were finding so funny?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 8:32 pm

Trogluddite wrote:
Oh no, hardly at all. I've discovered a really good way to prevent that kind of misunderstanding; I just stare at the floor and never open my mouth most of the time! But when I do speak, usually once every few sentences.

How often do you laugh just because everyone else is laughing, while desperately hoping that no-one will work out that you had no idea what they were finding so funny?

100% ^ +1 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) OMG that's me always! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

same q

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 8:39 pm

Like literally all the time! Although sometimes I do manage to figure it out and start really laughing.

Did you hate going to the doctor/dentist/orthodontics etc as a kid?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 8:42 pm

graceksjp wrote:
Like literally all the time! Although sometimes I do manage to figure it out and start really laughing.

Did you hate going to the doctor/dentist/orthodontics etc as a kid?

Actually, no.
I've known my current doctor since I was about 12 and she was 5. How odd is that? :heart: I was only scared of leaving the house for holiday trips and having to leave my possessions behind or change routines. I had major meltdowns (undiagnosed or supported).

same q

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 9:00 pm

I hated going to the doctor as a kid because I dreaded getting shots. I still hate needles. And I'm not a fan of doctors.

Dentist? No problem at all. My Mom would take me to a teaching clinic at the local university where dental hygiene students would practice on people. They were always nice and I had no problem with it or with dentists after that. I had no fillings or other dental work until about five years ago. I was actually proud of my filling free mouth and got compliments on my teeth from every hygienist or dentist I had routine exams with. Then I went to a new dentist when we moved and she said I had a cavity. I was incredulous. I didn't believe her. I think I was visibly upset (that broke my streak, you see) which I think weirded them out. I did go back to have them put the filling in but then never went back. It was sad, because the dentist I went to before was the coolest dentist or doctor I've ever had in my life. He would keep track of all prior subjects of conversation and sit down for a good ten minutes with no rush and ask you you how you were doing, how things were going in your life, ask about your family by name. He really cared.

Have you ever had to go to the ER? If so, why?

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 9:12 pm

I dont think so? I mean Ive had some broken bones and concussions (mostly when I was younger) but I dont think I ever went to the ER for them...

Same q

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 9:18 pm

Yes I have post-trauma for surgery and support.
Also for broken bones at other times.

same q

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 9:25 pm

Five times?

1) Split my lip on the school bus after going over a huge bump.
2) Broken finger.
3) Got hit by a car while riding my bike.
4) Crushed finger (different one).
5) A very dirty ER in Macon, GA while traveling with a horrible strep throat.

Have you ever seen the Nutcracker ballet performed live?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 9:35 pm

So odd you say that! I was recalling today a time I took my parents to see The Nutcracker for my mother's 50th birthday. I was thinking how much my father must have hated it (that wasn't his type of thing to do, whatsoever!) :wink:

Also did I tell you I got hit and run down by a bike-a-thon? (spaced out and crossing a laneway alone, about age 7?)

Question: Multiple choice or short answer?

feeli0
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 10:07 pm

Multiple choice every time because you can give a good guess on those. The only reason I got a pass in Science for School Cert was multi choice. I hadn't done any of the work. Big fat cheater thats me!

Same q

AQ 40
ASD-1