Page 3677 of 4179 [ 66853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3674, 3675, 3676, 3677, 3678, 3679, 3680 ... 4179  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 10:41 pm

in theory, yes. but we're as far from it as we are far from our amoeba-like ancestors.

choose one-
live in salem-era Massachusetts
or
live in an undetermined future date a hundred years from now, take your chances?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 10:45 pm

salem

backward, always backward for me - never forward

How long do you think your physical home will remain standing? I tried to picture my house in 50 years or 100 years. I can't visualise the future, ever. It's so abstract.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 10:48 pm

it is at present 44 years old, and at its present rate of disrepair, i doubt for too many decades longer, along with myself. i might not even have a decade left. i long have had the thought that at age 67 i will leave this world. we'll find out in just a few...

choose one-
roast-beef-flavored ice cream
or
vanilla beef stew?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 10:51 pm

Roast-beef-flavoured ice cream. :P

Same question.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 10:52 pm

beef ice cream

stew grosses me out - i don't like wet meat :eew:

I hope you're wrong about 67.

Would you ever participate in an experimental drug trial?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 10:53 pm

yes, if it will fix my @#$%ing arthritis.

same q.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 11:15 pm

I think I already take all the drugs. lol :P

Honestly though, I can't think of what I'd need to try, and meds are free here so I'd have no reason to experiment.

What's the best thing you did in the last five years?

Blue_Blake
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Apr 2021, 11:18 pm

I went to Scotland and Amsterdam with my father in an excursion to help my agoraphobia, it was probably the most challenging thing I've ever done, I had a breakdown and we had to leave 4 days early though.

What kind of music do you like and how big of an impact does it make in your life?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 11:19 pm

big band jazz and also the music produced by pedal harps, harpsichords and wurlitzer theatrical pipe organs, the kind with the sound fx and percussions.

same q.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 11:26 pm

Whoa! Good for you to challenge yourself like that! I also have agoraphobia and can totally relate. I'm a terrible traveller. I had countless meltdowns as a child when I was forced to go on family trips. I'm proud of you for trying!

Music: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Music has a huge impact in my life. I have alexithymia so without music and lyrics I wouldn't be able to identify my emotions at all. Other people's writing has allowed me to experience highs and lows that would be unattainable, and to articulate myself through their work. Music defined me from a very young age because of my older brother's albums. At five years old in the early 70s I was into Jethro Tull, KISS, Zeppelin, and Cream. All the other little girls listened to soft artists like Shaun Cassidy but I was a little rocker. I always had more edge, and saw myself as different / not fitting in with them because of music. Only later did I realise it was also autism.

I like classic and progressive rock, punk, folk, and indie.

same question

Blue_Blake
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Apr 2021, 11:37 pm

Thank you very much, IsabellaLinton! It means a lot.

Music also has a huge impact in my life, that's a great way to put in the way you said. I play the drums and the didgeridoo and it's very therapeutic to express myself through those instruments and also to play the songs I love in my own way, since the drums are pretty flexible in how you can play through a song, sometimes I play the drum parts verbatim though. I love progressive rock, jazz fusion, grunge, '70s rock, a lot more...I like to collect music and I have a huge collection of vinyl and digital music. Some of my favorite groups include Dave Matthews Band, Genesis, Peter Gabriel (his solo career) , David Bowie , Bela Fleck & the Flecktones, TOOL, Primus , R.E.M. , Melvins , Soundgarden , Modest Mouse , Rush , Built to Spill , Fleetwood Mac , Aphex Twin , Grateful Dead , Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band , Niacin , Peter Erskine , Billy Cobham , Yes , Tom Waits , Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds , Daniel Lanois , Pearl Jam , The Police , Queens of the Stone Age , Moby , No Doubt , Oingo Boingo , Cheap Trick ...

What is your worst rational fear?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 11:38 pm

pain and homelessness.

same q.

Blue_Blake
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Apr 2021, 11:47 pm

The thought that my family will pass away without seeing me accomplish anything, I don't want to let them down

same question

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 11:48 pm

I have a music studio here with a drum kit, countless guitars, keyboards, steel drums, a sitar, and other instruments I can't even name. It's very cool that you play drums too. I know and like a lot of the bands you mentioned including Cheap Trick with whom I was obsessed in 1979. I've seen them live too, as well as RUSH, Bowie and Springsteen. I actually like going to big concerts if they are indoors because it's dark and I don't feel the agoraphobia, but I don't do outdoor shows.

My worst rational fear??? Death of loved ones. Shame and guilt.

Irrational fear - worms and soil.

Is there anything you still regret from childhood? (up to about age 16?)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 11:54 pm

that i lacked peers.

same q.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 11:55 pm

I'm not sure...
Maybe my lack of early comprehension of certain stuff? I don't know...

That might've been my only regret -- missed life lessons that could've been learnt much earlier.
Not that it was too late for me to, nor I ever regret any actions caused by lack of said comprehension...

I simply wished I learnt and realized things sooner -- for me to appreciate things better and experienced it richer.
Yet somehow perhaps it was for the best.

Same question.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.