Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jan 2008, 8:58 pm

is it a painting?

look at the girl with the blue hood. her face doesn't look real

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2008, 11:03 pm

The kids remind me of that sketch on MadTV of the Sound of Music's alternate endings. The Julie Andrews knockoff yelled to the guard, "We're Nazis too!! !! !!"

kitschinator
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jan 2008, 5:12 pm

This looks very fake to me. It looks like a colorized 1940's photo with some reasonably skilled copying and pasting. People who are truly skilled with Photoshop (and there are many) can produce doctored photos that are near or totally indistinguishable from real photos. They even went so far to attempt to mimic the colorization of the period, but it stands out as way too bright and sharp. He looks like a wax figure. The body types and even the face don't really match. The children look relatively unchanged. I've used Photoshop enough to posit that the children and the man's body were originally a part of the photo, the head was replaced, and the whole thing was doctored with the magic brush and painted over with various filters.

The article doesn't say how this photo surfaced...I'm very doubtful about this.

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2008, 11:23 pm

the resolution on hitlers face is different from the rest of the picture... if you look at his left cheek and the piping on his hat, the individual pixels are larger than what you see on the kids...