Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Kurt
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jan 2008, 5:21 pm

The night before last I had a dream. Usually I have nightmares, but this was a nice one. I was living in a perfect house entertaining a perfect companion (perfect as I define it anyway). It was amazing. I felt unburdened, calm, and full of life. I felt good about myself and confident. My friend and I got along effortlessly on every level with the same interests and sense of humor. The depth of feeling was mutual and unconditional. All was well and I was happy.

When the dream started to end I fought it. I was in that still dreaming while realizing that you are dreaming state and I didn't want to leave. I knew the happiness would end when I did. When I woke up there was just enough residual feeling to remind me what had been taken away. For the next few hours I tried, unsuccessfully, to fall asleep again so I could go back.

It's comforting to think that maybe we have things backwards and our dreams are the reality. But I don't believe that's the case. My reality consists of a medication induced numbness punctuated by episodes of abject fear, anger, confusion, and despair. The nice dreams are just a taunt, views of a life that I am incapable of having. What an utterly awful existence this is.

Here's to more of the same in 2008. Let's hope it passes quickly.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Jan 2008, 6:42 pm

I've had a dream like that, once or twice, which I hated to wake from. There was awareness of profound love, deep and true, which I have never even come close to in waking life. I wonder if I am living that life in some alternate reality?l