Thread about little things hurting, made me wonder

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KristaMeth
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 6:53 pm

gbollard wrote:
Funnily enough, it's more a light touch that is annoying (for me anyway).

Me too! I don't have too many sensory issues with touch but occasionally when my fiance is touching me (you know, just random lovey dovey touches/strokes) he'll lightly touch the same place more than once. For some reason, touching the same place a few times in a row REALLY REALLY bothers me. Like I just want to jump up out of my relaxed state and start screaming STOP IT.

LynnInVa
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jan 2008, 7:12 am

Tortuga wrote:
If my son is in the slim minority on the spectrum. He is almost always receptive to affection. In fact, he's clingy and he likes holding my hand in stores, etc.... It looks kind of strange because he's 9 years old, but he'll gladly walk through the mall with me holding my hand and I sometimes get embarrassed because he will not turn loose of my hand. He hugs and kisses family members all the time.

His sensory issues are evident in food textures, noises, and he has an extreme aversion to dirt. He screams when I cut his fingernails (even though I'm very careful).

Wow - you just described E!
She is also very affectionate - @ 11 years old - she still grabs my hand when crossing the street or a parking lot - even walking around a store. Same with sensory issues - noise, food textures (anything that takes too long to chew). Toenails - she hates getting her toenails clipped!
and forget being tickled - she HATES it (so so I). If someone pokes her, she'll let you know how much she hates it by poking you right back.
she loves having her head massaged - and when you sense her getting frustrated - she needs her temples gently rubbed. It calms her down, a lot. I give her back and shoulder massages when i see her physically tense.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 1:00 am

I'm very cuddly and affectionate, but only with people that I know. :O)

Myboys
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Jan 2008, 12:59 pm

My son is also very affectionate and always has been.

Icedragon
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jan 2008, 10:01 am

My 8 year old loves holding hand , loves touching me...hates me touching her with out me saying" hey you want to hug??" when she was smaller (she is a big tall girl) I would lay on my belly in the grass and she would come and lay her whole body on my back and we would just be like that reading for hours......

but unexpected touching, she hates that. she hates being tickled, can't stand to have me look at her booboos ,no band aids ever... completely freeks out over hair washings, her dad is the only one who can wash or brush her hair.

Very lovey though, will cling to me or dad in public will sit practically on my lap..the more upset she is the more she wants to be close to me.....

loves hugging her friends but has had to learn to ask first...