Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Shadowbound
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Jan 2008, 12:27 pm

This may sound really strange but when my bro is with is Girlfriend and they constantly kissing for like half an hour the countous sound drivies me up the wall. I find the sound so irratating I want to hit myself in the head or punch a wall.

I don't understand why it annoys me so much.

It's the same when I can hear someone eating something I just want to punch something. I can't stand nosy eaters. Grr It's the sound. How can such innocent sounds make me go so crazy?

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 12:55 pm

Shadowbound wrote:
This may sound really strange but when my bro is with is Girlfriend and they constantly kissing for like half an hour the countous sound drivies me up the wall. I find the sound so irratating I want to hit myself in the head or punch a wall.

It's the same when I can hear someone eating something I just want to punch something. I can't stand nosy eaters. Grr It's the sound. How can such innocent sounds make me go so crazy?

I hate slurping sounds. Especially people eating, chewing or smacking their lips. It makes me homicidal.

sarahstilettos
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 12:57 pm

Anything to do with it being your relative? I hate it when my brother does this in front of me, especially the loud schlurpy schlurpy noise he makes.

coolstertothecore
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jan 2008, 12:58 pm

They do the same to me. Even when it's me doing the kissing! I have to tell my boyfriend to kiss quieter. :-) (I'm not even joking).

The eating thing runs through my family, which is why my Mum threw out the dining table as she couldn't stand the sound of everyone eating at the same time. My boyfriend's family are the most disgusting eaters I have ever heard and as soon as his dad walks into the living room with food, I have to leave. he doesn't get the hint though.

Another thing mouth related is people with "licky" voices. When some people say s or c you can hear their tongue sticking to their mouths and it makes me go insane. There was a girl on my course at uni who whistled every time she said the letter S. I had to dig my nails into my hands to not give away my huge discomfort.

:-)

Wilco
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jan 2008, 1:02 pm

many aspies have something that drives them nuts. a sound, a smell, a taste etc. I hope your brother is just making a weird sound and you dont get this with every kissing couple XD

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 1:18 pm

It drives me crazy when people do the noisy kissing near me too.

And apple-eating like the man in the cavern drives me up the wall.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 2:08 pm

Shadowbound wrote:

It only annoys be because it reminds me of my utter inability to get a girlfriend...

Lurv
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Jan 2008, 2:48 pm

jjstar wrote:
I hate slurping sounds. Especially people eating, chewing or smacking their lips. It makes me homicidal.

:lol: And I was eating (making slurping noices and all that) when reading this. Be glad you aren't around me right now, I guess.

Anyway, I hate the ticking sound, so I have to put the alarm clock under a pillow or two so I won't hear it while sleeping.

sepia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2008, 4:04 pm

urgh and indeed yuck.

do people who eat noisy/messy kiss noisy & messy too? does anyone actually prefer that style, my guess is they must do because so much of it goes on.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 4:12 pm

Lurv wrote:
jjstar wrote:

:lol: And I was eating (making slurping noices and all that) when reading this. Be glad you aren't around me right now, I guess.

Anyway, I hate the ticking sound, so I have to put the alarm clock under a pillow or two so I won't hear it while sleeping.

I too am glad I wasn't there to *enjoy* the sound effects. :)) But heck, from this distance by all means - bon appetite and all that :wink: !

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 4:21 pm

It's even worse, when a couple kisses, in front of me.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 4:33 pm

Yep - hearing the sounds of noisy, sloppy kisses drive me nuts, too. Like hearing the sound of somebody scraping the inside of a yoghurt pot repeatedly when they could just do it the once, it really sets my teeth on edge...

angelgirl1224
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 5:07 pm

Noisy kissing annoys me sometimes.
mostly ecoquing sounds annoy me though, Like at a swimming pool for e.g

merr
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 6:53 pm

I can't stand hearing any type of smacking noise. I think most people hate to see others kiss in public. My guess is because it's a private activity and it seems almost vulgar or distasteful to do it in front of others.

Ihdreniel
Raven
Raven

03 Jan 2008, 8:04 pm

Noisy eating is definitely annoying- I hate sitting next to my dad at meals. :P

coolstertothecore wrote:
There was a girl on my course at uni who whistled every time she said the letter S. I had to dig my nails into my hands to not give away my huge discomfort.

Heh, I whistle my S's a little bit- though I'm not sure how noticeable it is. My speech is kind of slurred in general... so I sound perpetually drunk. Wonderful.

It attacks.

(P.S. Ze opéra ghost wants ?is paycheck.)

Topher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jan 2008, 8:47 pm

Shadowbound wrote:

I hear you mate. hearing or even being unfortunate to witness it drives me up the wall and does little else but remind me that deep down im lonely and deprived inside. I've wanted to punch a wall so many times.