Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2005, 1:07 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2005, 2:08 pm

I think you can use your profile to change the color scheme. I haven't tried any of the others. Maybe Alex could add a theme for the color scheme you've described here.

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2005, 2:17 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pyraxis
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2005, 2:22 pm

I'd love to see more color schemes too, but I think the default should be black text on white or pale grey background because of the number of complaints we've had about how the blue and green are hard to read.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2005, 2:33 pm

Yes i would like the colour scheme a bit duller because the colourful look of the place made me bypass the site at first thinking it was for kids until i heard people on other sites talking about it so came back but im a bit sensitive like that because the different ratings for posts made me aprehensive about joining until i was sure that there was'nt the usual internet snobbishness about new members.

TB_Samurai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Sep 2005, 4:39 pm

I don't think I'd like red and green too much. It would kind of hurt my eyes. I think it's fine the way it is.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2005, 8:45 pm

AntiEverything wrote:
That's a brilliant idea, NeantHumain. I would definitely like Alex to add a colour scheme similar to what I've described in my previous post. I would also like it to be incorporated as the default colour scheme.

I personally find the pastel greens and blues of pleasing to the eye and tranquil. Red and green, especially if they were dark red and green, would be—to use a graphic designer term—too busy. Really, the high contrast color scheme would be good for gnabbing the viewer's attention; but the high contrast color scheme would not be easy on the eye for a website that members visit daily to read postings on.

In my opinion, steelDawn should remain the default theme. For WrongPlanet.net members with severe visual integration issues, a plain black-on-white theme would probably make a good alternative. To my knowledge, none of the current themes are this basic. However, I do not have visual integration problems, so I'm not sure what would be troublesome.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2005, 6:56 am

NO. FREAKING. WAY.

Speaking as a graphic designer, you couldn't do anything worse.

Green and red clash something terrible, they don't go together beautifully at all, and do you really want this place to have a permanent Christmas feel?

Red or yellow, you've got to be kidding. (Sorry, I just don't understand how people know so little about the colour wheel and stuff).

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2005, 12:13 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
In my opinion, steelDawn should remain the default theme. For WrongPlanet.net members with severe visual integration issues, a plain black-on-white theme would probably make a good alternative. To my knowledge, none of the current themes are this basic. However, I do not have visual integration problems, so I'm not sure what would be troublesome.

Yes, I'm quoting myself! Yesterday I tried the different themes, and none of them actually change the color scheme of the forum tables themselves. It just changes the logo and a few icons on the left and top areas of WrongPlanet.net.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2005, 10:37 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
NO. FREAKING. WAY.

Speaking as a graphic designer, you couldn't do anything worse.

Green and red clash something terrible, they don't go together beautifully at all, and do you really want this place to have a permanent Christmas feel?

Red or yellow, you've got to be kidding. (Sorry, I just don't understand how people know so little about the colour wheel and stuff).

Thanks for saying that, I personally think the scheme works well. I wouldn't mind an option to change it, but the work is too immense and I wouldn't complain unless you want to go about fixing it yourself. If you're annoyed to an extreme extent, just ask for some info on how to create your own scheme. I'd PM alex about it.