when logic and emotion collide

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

aaronrey
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jan 2008, 10:54 am

theres this girl....if i make a list of what kind of woman i want to marry, she would be the exact opposite. but i have strong feelings for her. shes very NT, party girl who goes home at 2 am, 3 am almost everyday, shopaholic (she once bought a handbag for $2000 and said it's not expensive). logically, im not supposed to like her. but what im feeling is betraying my logic. why is this happening.

GoatMan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jan 2008, 11:09 am

Because she probably looks good, and regardless of what logic says, you want someone who would show you're just as good a catch as any NT that would be at her same intellectual level.

Ditch her, though. She's gong to be annoying, and do you know how many fights you would have trying to keep your money away from her?

Study like a scholar
Act like a gentleman
Dress like a soldier

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 11:44 am

As far as I can tell, people with Asperger's can't do one-night-stands, so that's out the window.

Some people say opposites attract. Based on what you've said, I'd say she'd be terrible for you. But one - albeit roundabout - way to get rid of these feelings once and for all is to actually go out with her for a bit and see first-hand how terrible (or if you're lucky, great) she is for you.

sarahstilettos
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2008, 2:25 pm

aaronrey wrote:
theres this girl....if i make a list of what kind of woman i want to marry, she would be the exact opposite. but i have strong feelings for her. shes very NT, party girl who goes home at 2 am, 3 am almost everyday, shopaholic (she once bought a handbag for $2000 and said it's not expensive). logically, im not supposed to like her. but what im feeling is betraying my logic. why is this happening.

now, when you say 'like'... do you mean purely physical attraction, or do you mean that there are elements of her personality you do like, and you get on with her? I mean, I used to crash in 3am every night and spend a lot of money on clothes, but thats about 1% of my personality. So I'm considering the possibility that there's a lot more to her, and thats why you like her? Or maybe you just fancy her.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Jan 2008, 3:26 pm

JohnHopkins wrote:
As far as I can tell, people with Asperger's can't do one-night-stands, so that's out the window.

Some people say opposites attract. Based on what you've said, I'd say she'd be terrible for you. But one - albeit roundabout - way to get rid of these feelings once and for all is to actually go out with her for a bit and see first-hand how terrible (or if you're lucky, great) she is for you.

Why on Earth cant an Aspie do a one night stand? I know I could have a few times, the girl appeared like she wanted to but for whatever reason I did not go thru with it, but realize if I wanted to and was not so timid or fearful or whatever I coulda done it in a heartbeat.

Anyways, I think you should just do what is right. You have to determine of course whether you like her just because she is hot or you like her for other reasons. I think if you are really interested you can spend some time with her and get to know her more deeply, cause that is more important for the long term then it is for the short term. I dont think their should be a 'list' of what you are looking for in the perfect women, thats too much logic, sometimes emotion must trump logic and so tho she is the opposite of your list perhapse if you really like her you can throw that list out and just get to know her.