Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2004, 1:21 am

I was browsing through the now closed aspergia message board archive when I read this post http://www.aspergia.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=1429 that has links to two sound files of kid who have AS.

The clip of the boy speaking is almost a carbon copy of how I spoke when I was his age, Only my voice had a higher pitch to it.

I'd like to hear more sound samples though, did everyone else here talk like that, or is it an NT thing too?

sparkplugloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Aug 2004, 8:45 am

Although it may seem weird, my voice sounded more like the boy's voice when I was eight or nine years old, except that I talked loudly and faster all the time. I have video of sketches (by French comedians and some written by my brother) that I made with my brother at that age, this is how I know it.

Loy

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2004, 10:15 am

The boy's voice kind of sounds like mine, only mine's a little louder, I talk a little faster, and the dialogue doesn't sound like something I'd say. (I'd probably say something a little funnier.)

The girl sounds NOTHING like me whatsoever, though.

I recorded my voice on my computer, so I know what I sound like (although I imitate people's voices in A LOT of them [usually a 30-something-year-old man's voice]). I got quite a few recording of the Bob Star Talk Show, starring Michelle as herself, the many guests (which included Squidward [of SpongeBob Squarepants fame] and George W. Bush), AND Bob Star. It's kind of funny, but I lost all the funny parts (which I never saved) from *MY FIRST COMPUTER*. Best line from any Bob Star episode: "It's bad enough to have a zit on your forehead, but a lightning-bolt scar!" (delivered by a cranky old lady [who was actually me imitating an old lady's voice] from a 2001 Bob Star about the Harry Potter movie, which I unfortunately never saved).

Other recordings made were for my lame songs with titles such as "Teeny Tiny Ted" and "Tell Me How To Conquer Mario." Trust me, you DON'T want to hear them. They're SO lame!

There was also a "radio show" called Ryan Loves Michelle But Michelle Hates Ryan that I made up as I went along. It was supposed to be funny and interesting, but it was suspense-less, comedy-less, interesting moment-less, not to mention plotless. It could have been subtitled Metronaps: The Movie because it was sleep-inducing at a whopping 10 minutes. Good thing I overwrote it earlier today with a "File Not Found" message.

There were many other things I recorded, but they weren't NEARLY as memorable as these :wink: . Some are funny to listen to, others would probably be embarrassing for me to hear again (That's why I overwrote Ryan Loves Michelle But Michelle Hates Ryan.). Bye!

:!: Mich :?:

NanoTy
Raven
Raven

12 Aug 2004, 10:16 am

I am pretty sure I never talked like that, but that would be about ten years ago for me. You may be correct in that speech of that sort could also apply to NTs. I never went through any speech therapy, but I do remember that one of my NT friends did. Currently, my speech mostly sounds normal, but I do occassionally stutter or mumble.