She hosted mine and can convert it
to the media types.

Sincerely, and thanks,
Ghosthunter

pyraxis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2005, 5:54 pm

I already talked to Scoots, and he was having some technical trouble but promised he would send the audio to me once he'd found a workaround.

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2005, 6:32 pm

pyraxis wrote:
Forum Moderator
Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I already talked to Scoots, and he was having some technical trouble but promised he would send the audio to me once he'd found a workaround.

Hmmm? Is it the space to host difficulty. What
would be cool if you can convert his cleanup sound
version and send it to my Email. This may help
me in my DX.

I hope that you can do all formats, since we
found problems with some, more that others.

Hmmm?
Ghosthunter

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2005, 8:58 pm

The problem is that on campus, the send mail function won't send the file becasue it's too big (6.3 megs) despite it being with in the size allowed (or so they say).

I'm home for the weekend and won't be able to do anything until sunday since the file and software I need is there at the moment.

If email won't work out. The next options would be to use yahoo messenger and hope the packet shaper on campus dosen't cause the transfer to time-out, or use FTP if they allow it.

RIAA sued the university last year over MP3 sharing and since then they've really tightened the noose on file sharing

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2005, 12:45 am

It will work itself out, and thanks for cleaning up
the audio sound. And pryaxis, thanks for hosting
the audio.

Sincerely,
Ghosthunter

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2005, 10:06 pm

I have the 35 meg .wav file on my hard drive, I can run it through Steinberg's Wave Lab, and do some EQ as well as some stuff with the dynamics, and send it to somebody as an MP3, if you're interested.

ljbouchard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2005, 4:45 am

Fogman,

Give it a try sending it to pryxis and see what happens. In MP3 format of course

"Only when all those who surround you are different, do you truly belong."
---------------------------------------------------
Fred Tate Little Man Tate

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2005, 1:56 pm

I contacted the IT department here at school. The campus email software has a bug in it that prevents files larger 1024K from being sent in the system despite it saying that it can handle an 8 meg file.

Fogman, sounds like you have better software than me. Give it a shot and see what you come up with.

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2005, 10:06 am

Any chance of a transcript? I can't hear things all that well to begin with and it seems that you guys are saying the quality is poor.

I would like to read what is being said if at all possible?

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2005, 3:07 pm

For any of you who may be wondering what the status of this file is, here's the saga.

Download the file on 09.11.05. Run it through Wavelab to get basic EQ/Dynamic down. The file quality isn't that good, but I run a LOT of EQ on the file. I also edit out the intro Distortion as well as GH doing a Mic check. I also edit out the final 3 or so seconds of Distortion. --The file sits on my Desktop for a week or so.

09.17.05 I FINALLY notice that Pyraxis has sent me a PM on 09.11 reguarding the cleaned up file. I send her one back, requesting info on where to send the completed file.

I get the message today (09.20) and start finalising work on the file, as well as MP3 conversion. The original MP3 Converted file is 24.6 MB. I attempt to send, however I keep getting a a "This document contains no Data" Error message.

I send Pyraxis a Gmail invite, thinking that the file may be too large to transfer to Yahoo, and is in fact bouncing off of the server. Pyraxis PM's me the Gmail Address, and I attempt to resend. --And I get the same error message.

Fine. I then send a test message to the Gmail account. --It goes through.

After that, I send another MP3 file to her inbox (The voice sample that I liked to WP) and that goes through OK. This leads me to believe that GMAIL is now limiting the upload size (I'm using Gmail as well) or the file is damaged. --My computer has also been running continuously for several weeks , so I think the problem may be there as well. I reboot the computer,turn off the SP2 firewall and try to resend, but still get the same error message.

Thinking that the file may be damaged, I download the Original .Wav file and redo the entire thing, and convert it back to MP3 format. I attempt to resend, and get the same error message. This reaffirms my belief that Gmail is now restricting the Filesize on uploads.-- The fact remains that I am unable to get the file sent off.

I've cleaned up the most of the muddy frequencies, and it sounds like a telephone call taken over the Radio.

Any ideas of how I can get the file to those who've requested it?--The only things that I can think of offhand are the above mentioned methods that Scoots described.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2005, 4:30 pm

were you trying to send it over yahoo messenger?

I have that, and that might be a viable alternative since it has a file share function on it.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2005, 7:25 pm

Scoots5012 wrote:
were you trying to send it over yahoo messenger?

I have that, and that might be a viable alternative since it has a file share function on it.

It's not installed, but I'll Download it.--Unless you can think of a better program to transfer files with?