Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Redders
Raven
Raven

14 Jan 2008, 3:55 pm

I'm guessing I'm not alone in feeling this, but i guess this is the safest place for me to get things off my chest. Mainly because none of my freinds know about this place, so I can say things which I know others won't hear about.

A friend of mine who I met last year has recently been speaking to me a lot more recently, and I'm confused as to whether it's just because she doesn't have as many of her friends around or whether there's something happening here.

I would say that it's just the fact not as many of her mates are around now, but most of the times she's come to talk to me she's left one of her best friends to see me. An example of this sort of contradicts what I just said, but in theory is still the same thing: Waiting for a bus (as the 6th form I'm in is comprised of 4 different schools, so get to them by bus), thre was a group of us just talking, and then most of the group walked off elsewhere to talk to another person, and only me and her stayed where we were, just talking along and all that.

Another time, on the bus home, she sat next to me (when normally she'll choose a place by herself, which there were plenty) and at that time we did get each other's mobile phone numbers etc.

Also (again with buses haha) in the past when she was getting off a bus as I got on,we'd just say "hi" to each other before going off, but nowadays we seem to try and have a quick chat instead to try and catch up. The irritating thing is, she doesn't have MSN or MySpace, Bebo etc. So talking to her away from school is impossible so getting to know each other is a lot more difficult.

It's just confusing because I explained this a lot better to my best mate who thinks (as she put it, "from a girl's perspective"... oh, must mention, as it seems that people have been confused before, I AM a guy lol) that she does like me, it's just she's trying to get to know me a bit better first. So I don't know what's quite going on at the moment. I mean if she does have an interest in me, I wouldn't mind being with her coz she is really nice :) but then if I am right and she's just trying to be better friends I can also live with that. I just wanna know what you guys think is the case from reading what I've said, because I'm too confused and either way, I don't wanna push things and send the wrong message out. I'm just wanting to lay back and wait to get a clearer picture so then I can send the right message out...

sarahstilettos
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2008, 3:59 pm

Do you know what places you might be able to find her apart from on the bus? Or are you good enough on the phone that you could call her and have a chat, (I wouldn't be!!)

Redders
Raven
Raven

14 Jan 2008, 4:03 pm

Well unfortunately, unlike last year I don't have any lessons with her now so being able to see her is very rare unlss I have a free lesson to which she's in the same school as me at the time, that's the pain of it all. It's very rare that I'm able to see her long enough to get a proper talk in. She did decide to text me at half 5 in the morning on Christmas day thouh ¬_¬ lol

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2008, 4:03 pm

Push a little to be with her from your side of things, ask her to do something with you... maybe with other friends maybe not. Not really a date, but if you like each other... which you both seem to do... this is the natural progression.

Then see what happens there, if you really connect... it should appear so... and you can then decide what to do then.

She may just be thinking of you as a friend, but really it doesn't matter. There is only one way to find out, and she may need more experiences and time to form an opinion about you.

She probably doesn't have as many friends, but that may not be a bad thing. If she is lonely and looking for companionship, and you provide it... well it doesn't matter exactly how she came looking for you.

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

Redders
Raven
Raven

14 Jan 2008, 4:05 pm

There is a friend's b/day party that we should both be going to... I say should, because on the same day I am meeting my best mate (beens as she doesn't live near me) as well, so I might be tired. Depends if I have the energy to go :P

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2008, 4:07 pm

Go man, if this is as good as it looks... and if she is as awesome as you describe... it's worth it just to be around her more.

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

zee
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2008, 4:08 pm

I'd say she definately likes you, but it's hard to tell if it's as a friend or if she's interested in you as a partner. It depends what kind of stuff you talk about. If she tells you everything, then she probably considers you a good friend because she's comfortable with you, but isn't trying to impress you. :)

sarahstilettos
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2008, 4:08 pm

I bet you will end up going. It's like, I know the guy I like will be at a party on Saturday. I have told everyone I don't know if I will go because I have a seminar that day... but I know I'm going, haha.

Texting you at 5.30am sounds keen! I should start sending some random texts to her.

zee
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2008, 4:10 pm

But I agree with Pugly, go to the party, and see if you can spend more time with her. Many relationships begin as friendships and then become something more meaningful.

Redders
Raven
Raven

15 Jan 2008, 11:40 am

Yeah... I guess the irritation is that the party isn't for another month yet =( lol
... and just realised it's her 18th b/day the week before XD
Have to make sure a card is ready :P

Redders
Raven
Raven

23 Jan 2008, 6:12 pm

oooo... there's a house party I'm going to Friday night, likely to see her there... advice? lol

Redders
Raven
Raven

01 Feb 2008, 6:15 pm

Oh ok, it seems that she likes my close mate more. Goodbye, very rare chance...