Things you'd like to do despite knowing they're silly

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

vandire
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jan 2008, 2:19 pm

Just as the title suggests - this thread is all about silly little ideas or fantasies you'd like to play out, but can't, or know that it really is just a bit silly so don't.

My personal examples -

1) I'd love to get a small group together and choreograph the dance at the end of Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu, despite the fact I can't really dance, know nothing about choreography, and the dance is interrupted several times meaning it's impossible to know all the moves anyway.

2) Playing out fights from anime - not neccessarily in cosplay or anything, but again, I think it would be cool to get a small group and play through famous anime fights, like Sasuke Vs Naruto, Hinata Vs Neji, etc etc. This one I could probably do since I have a fair amount of experience with martial arts (though I haven't quite got the hang of growing wings, shooting fireballs or making extra-long arms out of pure chakra. I probably need to practice a bit more to do those :D)

So, what ideas/fantasies do *you* want to play out, but can't/won't?

rushfanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jan 2008, 3:26 pm

vandire wrote:
Just as the title suggests - this thread is all about silly little ideas or fantasies you'd like to play out, but can't, or know that it really is just a bit silly so don't.

My personal examples -

1) I'd love to get a small group together and choreograph the dance at the end of Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu, despite the fact I can't really dance, know nothing about choreography, and the dance is interrupted several times meaning it's impossible to know all the moves anyway.

2) Playing out fights from anime - not neccessarily in cosplay or anything, but again, I think it would be cool to get a small group and play through famous anime fights, like Sasuke Vs Naruto, Hinata Vs Neji, etc etc. This one I could probably do since I have a fair amount of experience with martial arts (though I haven't quite got the hang of growing wings, shooting fireballs or making extra-long arms out of pure chakra. I probably need to practice a bit more to do those :D)

So, what ideas/fantasies do *you* want to play out, but can't/won't?
I'd like to tape a playing card in my bike spokes and ride around the yard....like when I was little.") :lol:

Grimfaire
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2008, 5:42 pm

Be driven down the road so I can hang my head out the window like a dog. :)

It's so much fun but you get looked at funny.

dalhousie12
Veteran
Veteran

Location: A frozen baron wasteland, me and my friend tuk have to watch out for flying frozen hockey pucks Eh!

17 Jan 2008, 5:46 pm

Grimfaire wrote:
Be driven down the road so I can hang my head out the window like a dog. :)

It's so much fun but you get looked at funny.

I've down that before! Lost my ball cap in the process.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

17 Jan 2008, 9:54 pm

i'd like to have an outing with other aspies to the rodeo or a dancebar :)

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2008, 10:31 pm

Start a band. Ha! Ha! Ha! That would be so silly since I have no artistic skill or inspiration.

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 6:00 pm

I volunteer at an animal hospital. I always wanted to take a stuffed animal to work with me and tell my boss I thought it was sick because it didn't want to eat or drink, was super lethargic and never urinated or defecated.