Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AspieDave
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 11:58 am

According to this story on The Raw Story they destroyed videotapes of them shocking students...

http://www.rawstory.com/news/mochila/Of ... 82008.html

:wall:

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 12:20 pm

Shocking News Story Topic

I have just read the story of a destroyed video that would have been evidence that two students were administered shock "treatments" as therapy for certain exhibited behaviours.

What sort of treatment centre is this? 8O

Prisoners of terror are treated more humanely as they should be. :?

I was first made aware of this instituiton by a WP member named Ana54, a very vocal and articulate young women who messaged me about "storming the JRC". Unfortunately I was not able to attend such a demonstration but in addition to protesting such assaultive and brutal treatment of innocent people this treatment centre should be evacuated, evaluated immediately and closed until further notice.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 12:23 pm

Yeah, I read about that.

Several blogger friends of mine have done blog posts against the JRC. You're welcome to join in if you want. Scroll to the bottom of this post to see the ones involved.

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 1:06 pm

Shocking News Story Topic

Response to lastcrazyhorn:

Thank you for directing me to the website. Lots of detail. I will need time to sift mor thoroughly through it. I added my signature and comments as prosposed by appropriate prompts.

Regards,

Sartresue

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 1:46 pm

That place seems macabre, and it's disgusting that such a place should exist at all.
I want to add myself to the list of those opposed to the JRC, but I'm not sure how to atm.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 11:05 pm

77 times and 29 times? Whatever FOR? They always make it seem like they only shock them once. And I've read a lot of pro-JRC literature.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 11:27 pm

:head explodes:

When do the ends justify the means?

Ahhh. I don't know either. :x

Probably would be better if they didn't destroy evidence though. Leads me believe there is something malevolent going on behind the scenes. Maybe Ana54 should go ninja, raid them, steal the evidence after climbing through ventilation shafts to get to the "secret room", and then mail them to the N.Y. and L.A. Times.

Just kidding. Don't do illegal stuff kids :x

cc469
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jul 2009, 7:37 am

much alike animal testing labs being raided.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2009, 8:20 am

How do I get a job there?

Or, if someone else does, how can I send them a pinhole camera?

Do they let visitors see their 'aversives' program in action?

Hmmm... if they have CCTV and it's connected to a computer system... which in turn is connected to the internet...

ed
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2009, 8:51 am

Magneto wrote:
How do I get a job there?

That's easy... they're always looking for help, and they pay fairly well

Must be hard to find workers willing to torture kids.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2009, 11:54 am

In this fallen world? Not really.

cc469
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jul 2009, 10:47 pm

though it's likely they have ways of silencing things up I assume they use aversives for even mentioning their details or criticism as far as the victims go the workers probably have a motivation not to speak since it's likely for example some intrigue spinner would leak stuff or blackmail to do it more than that even if there was really nothing just given the reputation so think about it.
lots of powerful people are linked to it aka have their kids there. I would not be surprised if this is some kind of cult or underground club even there would certainly be a niche for such a thing to think about it .. in one place or another.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2009, 11:33 pm

Any judge worthy of his robes should send in a SWAT team to storm the place. Apprehend the staff, put the patients in protective custody, and scour the place for evidence.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

BokeKaeru
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2009, 1:08 am

In answer to some of your questions, apparently a lot of former staff members who quit working there because of the atrocities committed against the "students" are afraid to tell what they saw, or at least put a name and face to their statements, because of confidentiality agreements that are the terms of employment. Basically, even if you quit and you go and talk about it, you can get into legal trouble. Kudos to someone with the guts to risk it anyways in the name of exposing these bastards, though.

What I'm surprised about this is how, at least as I remember reading, the center was ORDERED to keep these tapes available for further investigation/evidence, and "accidentally" destroyed them anyways, and yet they remain unpunished for it. But then again, I've heard these guys have all sorts of corrupt ways of working and connections to help them get away with it.

cc469
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jul 2009, 1:01 pm

quite indeed... unless it's the janitor or smth...

but yeah i do honestly think it provides services not to the kids condined there but to adults with certain needs who have the means.
if i was an aspie looking to dig up stuff on that place I would for one look at whoever enters and leaves the place there is a big chance to find unrelated visitors there with some issues toward children...

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2009, 2:03 pm

First off, as far as getting employees, I suggest you read a 1991 study on aversives and job satisfaction. Details below:

Pub Title: Research in Developmental Disabilities
Year: 1991
Pages: 17 - 24
Publisher: Pergamon Press. Elmsford NY

Title: Does Punishment Hurt? The Impact of Aversives on the Clinician
Author Harris, Sandra L. et al.

The findings are rather interesting, even if the study is old. The workers are also taught to believe in what they are doing as correct for the child (by being shown some science to back it up but not all of the science needed to make an inform decision) and even if they quit, I am sure they are threatened with legal sanctions if they say anything.

The fact that a scathing New York Dept of Ed report did not close this school, nor remove it from the approved school list for NY students should tell you the connections the operators of the school have. I will almost bet that any sanction over this will me no more than a slap on the wrist. Makes me glad I am not a New York resident anymore (even though the school is in MA, most of its students are from NY).